Petitioners Passport

Hi everyone,

I was wondering where is the best place to get a notorized copy of my passport? Can one have it done in China? Who has some expierence with this?

Thanks,

Rick

Hi everyone,

I was wondering where is the best place to get a notorized copy of my passport? Can one have it done in China? Who has some expierence with this?

Thanks,

Rick

236264[/snapback]

You can have China Notary do it and translate the passport also notarized. We did that for our initial filings.

Additionally, the US Embassy in Beijing made notarized copies of my wife and daughter's passports for tax purposes.

Guest pushbrk
Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Rick

236264[/snapback]

There's no reason I can think of to get the USC's passport notarized in China unless you are going to be living there for the duration. When you are sure that you've made your last visit and will not be going for the interview, just get each page copied and notarized by your insurance agent or bank and mail it to your wife.

If you will be in GUZ when your wife interviews, you don't need any notarized copy. Just send your passport with her while you wait on the fourth floor.

Of course, if you're living there for the duration, you can still give her the real thing for the interview.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Rick

236264[/snapback]

There's no reason I can think of to get the USC's passport notarized in China unless you are going to be living there for the duration. When you are sure that you've made your last visit and will not be going for the interview, just get each page copied and notarized by your insurance agent or bank and mail it to your wife.

If you will be in GUZ when your wife interviews, you don't need any notarized copy. Just send your passport with her while you wait on the fourth floor.

Of course, if you're living there for the duration, you can still give her the real thing for the interview.

236273[/snapback]

When the interview day comes I probably wont be there. I just read that they had been asking for notorized copies at GUZ. Will they have to notarize each page?

Thanks

Guest pushbrk
Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Rick

236264[/snapback]

236273[/snapback]

When the interview day comes I probably wont be there. I just read that they had been asking for notorized copies at GUZ. Will they have to notarize each page?

Thanks

236276[/snapback]

The notarized copy of your passport is a substitute for the real thing. Yes, they want to see every page, even the blank ones, just like if they had the real thing in front of them. You don't get it notarized until you are sure your last trip to China is documented.

Guest pushbrk
If you are not going to be at the interview.  Then go to the embassy or consulate and have them make a copy front cover to back cover and notarize the data page.  That will give her all the proof needed of your visits to China for GZ to review.

236284[/snapback]

Of course, if you are in China and convenient to a consulate. Otherwise, it is far easier and cheaper at an insurance office or bank in your USA home town. :)

If you are not going to be at the interview.  Then go to the embassy or consulate and have them make a copy front cover to back cover and notarize the data page.  That will give her all the proof needed of your visits to China for GZ to review.

236284[/snapback]

I am assuming you are talking about the consulate in GZ, my last trip to China I will be in Shanghai and Shenzhen, is there a consulate or embassy there?

Thanks

236284[/snapback]

I am assuming you are talking about the consulate in GZ, my last trip to China I will be in Shanghai and Shenzhen, is there a consulate or embassy there?

Thanks

236295[/snapback]

Found it Consulate General of the United States Shanghai*China. Any American consulate will do. Again, make sure it includes all of the pages including the front and back cover.

Edited by Yuanyang (see edit history)

236284[/snapback]

Thanks

236295[/snapback]

Found it Consulate General of the United States Shanghai*China. Any American consulate will do. Again, make sure it includes all of the pages including the front and back cover.

236297[/snapback]

236284[/snapback]

I would recommend to do it after back in the US.. then you have a complete picture of all the trips, including the last exit trip... Just my thought...

236284[/snapback]

I would recommend to do it after back in the US.. then you have a complete picture of all the trips, including the last exit trip... Just my thought...

236300[/snapback]

Point taken. GZ hasn't always been able to connect the dots very well. :ph34r: And we still don't know if this is acceptable as she hasn't had her interview yet.

If you are not going to be at the interview.?Then go to the embassy or consulate and have them make a copy front cover to back cover and notarize the data page.?That will give her all the proof needed of your visits to China for GZ to review.

236284[/snapback]

236300[/snapback]

Point taken. GZ hasn't always been able to connect the dots very well. :lol: And we still don't know if this is acceptable as she hasn't had her interview yet.

236304[/snapback]

And the advice is reversed if your at the interview; Do the copy AFTER in china so that entrance is in the copy and it is truly 'up to date'..

of course, most SOs should kindly offer the real petitioner Passport along with hers in a big smile... thinking... yep my petitioner is here... fire away, we're ready to get out of G'Town... :ph34r:

If you are not going to be at the interview.?Then go to the embassy or consulate and have them make a copy front cover to back cover and notarize the data page.?That will give her all the proof needed of your visits to China for GZ to review.

236284[/snapback]

236300[/snapback]

Point taken. GZ hasn't always been able to connect the dots very well. :( And we still don't know if this is acceptable as she hasn't had her interview yet.

236304[/snapback]

And the advice is reversed if your at the interview; Do the copy AFTER in china so that entrance is in the copy and it is truly 'up to date'..

of course, most SOs should kindly offer the real petitioner Passport along with hers in a big smile... thinking... yep my petitioner is here... fire away, we're ready to get out of G'Town... :D

236315[/snapback]

i have contacted my congressman and sent in a for giving them my permission to check on the progress of our case , and to find out why ,there would be a need for a notarized copy of my passport,as soon as i get a reply i will post and all will know what the meaning of this is

Guest pushbrk

236284[/snapback]

236300[/snapback]

Point taken. GZ hasn't always been able to connect the dots very well. :( And we still don't know if this is acceptable as she hasn't had her interview yet.

236304[/snapback]

of course, most SOs should kindly offer the real petitioner Passport along with hers in a big smile... thinking... yep my petitioner is here... fire away, we're ready to get out of G'Town... :D

236315[/snapback]

i have contacted my congressman and sent in a for giving them my permission to check on the progress of our case , and to find out why ,there would be a need for a notarized copy of my passport,as soon as i get a reply i will post and all will know what the meaning of this is

236830[/snapback]

The need for a notarized copy of a passport is relationship proof. It simply shows you were in China on certain dates. It also shows your other international tranvel history which could be important.