Tax Transcripts

Hello All,

Sorry about all the questions - I am just really nervous. I ordered my tax transcripts from the past three years (because I managed to lose a copy of my tax returns and W-2's from 2004). I wanted to make sure that if I turn in my tax transcripts, I don't need to turn in W-2s.

Also, why does GUZ send us the checklist that says we need to have all the documents on hand before we turn in the DS-230? If we already have police certificates and stuff ready before we turn in P3, the wait will be so long before the interview that they will say they are no longer good. I am confused on this one. Please advise.

Hello All,

Sorry about all the questions - I am just really nervous. I ordered my tax transcripts from the past three years (because I managed to lose a copy of my tax returns and W-2's from 2004). I wanted to make sure that if I turn in my tax transcripts, I don't need to turn in W-2s.

Also, why does GUZ send us the checklist that says we need to have all the documents on hand before we turn in the DS-230? If we already have police certificates and stuff ready before we turn in P3, the wait will be so long before the interview that they will say they are no longer good.  I am confused on this one. Please advise.

236132[/snapback]

The tax transcript should be all that is needed. The purpose for submitting the Tax Return and W-2's is to prove what was sent to the IRS. The tax transcript shows what they actually received and should be accepted without any question.

You also have the option to have your employer produce a duplicate W-2 for you for the 2005 tax year.

The checklist question assumes that the processing time between P-3 and interview is very short, but we know that is not the case.

It is a good idea to have everything ready and in your SO's possession with the exception of the documents with a limited life, then when P-4 arrives get the last ones completed.

Transcripts are all that is needed for the visa.  You will need W-2s when you file AOS but as my feelbe mind recalls they changed it to only needing one year recently.

236148[/snapback]

The W-2's may not even be required at AOS, they keep seeming to make a few things easier. :ph34r:

I-864, Affidavit of Support

A photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax return for your most recent tax year, or an explanation if it is not submitted. Your W-2s and/or 1099 forms may also be required, see the I-864 instructions for details.
Hello All,

Also, why does GUZ send us the checklist that says we need to have all the documents on hand before we turn in the DS-230? If we already have police certificates and stuff ready before we turn in P3, the wait will be so long before the interview that they will say they are no longer good.  I am confused on this one. Please advise.

236132[/snapback]

About preparing all the required document before you send 230 back to GUZ, My own experience, I got the infomation or shortcut from Visajourney, was just send P3 back to GUZ as soon as I could. Then I started to prepare my Police Certification and I-864, anyway the validity for Police paper is one year.

The next day I sent out my P3 to GUZ as soon as I recieved it from GUZ, then in 1 month and 9 days I got my P4. After got P4 I went to get Physical done and my husband got his I-864 notarized in GUZ consulate.

DCFer will get the P4 very soon!!