I havve filed for both a CR1 and a K-3 visa. I am wondering when do we need to show proof of support? Does my SO take it with her to the interview or does it get mailed in sooner?

Thanks..

Guest pushbrk
I havve filed for both a CR1 and a K-3 visa. I am wondering when do we need to show proof of support? Does my SO take it with her to the interview or does it get mailed in sooner?

Thanks..

235086[/snapback]

The I-134 is taken to the interview. The I-864 is mailed in to NVC a month or two after the petition is approved, but only if the timing of the process, indicates you should continue to pursue the CR1, when that time come around. In all likelyhood, you won't submit the I-864 until you adjust status after her arrival in the USA.

Thanks..

235086[/snapback]

The I-134 is taken to the interview. The I-864 is mailed in to NVC a month or two after the petition is approved, but only if the timing of the process, indicates you should continue to pursue the CR1, when that time come around. In all likelyhood, you won't submit the I-864 until you adjust status after her arrival in the USA.

235088[/snapback]

Hi Mike,

So I take it looking at your timeline your CR1 petition has not been approved so you havent mailed in the I-864 is that correct? And you SO will be taking the I-134 to the interview with her next week?

Best of luck I will be looking for the good news..... :)

Rick

Guest pushbrk

Thanks..

235086[/snapback]

235088[/snapback]

Hi Mike,

So I take it looking at your timeline your CR1 petition has not been approved so you havent mailed in the I-864 is that correct? And you SO will be taking the I-134 to the interview with her next week?

Best of luck I will be looking for the good news..... :)

Rick

235089[/snapback]

No and yes. My I-130 has been approved but the K3 was so far ahead the CR1, stopped sending forms and money on the CR1, once I had the P3 on the K3.

Yes, my wife leaves for Guangzhou late this afternoon (Wednesday in China) with the I-134.

You will only send in the I-864 to NVC if you pursue that path, and will only send once they ask for it... there are prescribed steps at NVC that are followed.

235103[/snapback]

We are CR1/CR2 only. The I-864 came to me with the P3 packet sent by NVC. My understanding is that I-134 is for K visas only.

You will only send in the I-864 to NVC if you pursue that path, and will only send once they ask for it... there are prescribed steps at NVC that are followed.

235103[/snapback]

We are CR1/CR2 only. The I-864 came to me with the P3 packet sent by NVC. My understanding is that I-134 is for K visas only.

235106[/snapback]

Yes, thanks everyone I think I understand now. :rolleyes: