Hi, I'm filing out the I-130 form for my husband. We are both living here in China. I'm looking at Question 13. Where it says If you are a U.S. Citizen, complete the following:

__ Parents. Have you obtained a certificate of citizenship in your own name?

___ Yes. Give certificate number and date and place of issuance.

What does that mean. Is it asking if my parents have a birth certificate or Me or what? I'm American citizen born in USA and so are my parents. I'm currently living in China and don't have copies of my birth certificate with me, but I have my passport. Should I just skip this question? I'm afraid it might hinder the application process if I do, so what should I write, or should I just wait till my interview with homeland security and ask them what it means at that time? Should I call my mom and have her send a copy of my Birth certificate, even though I have my passport with me here? Please give me some advice about this Question and what it means. THANKS.

Guest pushbrk
Hi, I'm filing out the I-130 form for my husband.  We are both living here in China.  I'm looking at Question 13. Where it says If you are a U.S. Citizen, complete the following:

__ Parents. Have you obtained a certificate of citizenship in your own name?

___ Yes.  Give certificate number and date and place of issuance.

What does that mean.  Is it asking if my parents have a birth certificate or Me or what?  I'm American citizen born in USA and so are my parents.  I'm currently living in China and don't have copies of my birth certificate with me, but I have my passport.  Should I just skip this question?  I'm afraid it might hinder the application process if I do, so what should I write, or should I just wait till my interview with homeland security and ask them what it means at that time?  Should I call my mom and have her send a copy of my Birth certificate, even though I have my passport with me here?  Please give me some advice about this Question and what it means.  THANKS.

234216[/snapback]

Check the box for birth in the USA and write N/A on the line under naturalization. That's all for 13 on the Petitioner side of the form.

Yes and attach a copy of your birth certificate or copies of all pages of your passport.