Guest ShaQuaNew
I went on the basis of "when in doubt" have it notarized.

236710[/snapback]

Always the best policy, as stated in the original reply to the OP. The form itself states notarization is required....

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=234140

Also, some say it's okay to use any fillable form for the P4, rather than the forms received in the mail. Why not use both and have them with you at the interview to cover the "F"-factor. Yes, there is always an "F"-factor, so plan on any and all contigencies. Better to have too much than not enough, because you can bet that if you decide to cut a corner because someone on Candle or Guz speaks said it was okay, you will indeed be setting yourself up for a last minute surprise come interview day...

236807[/snapback]

This downloaded vs hand written on forms from GUZ is interesting. Yang Jiahua encouraged my wife to fill out the actual papers GUZ sent instead of using the fillable ones. Of course, we know THAT will work but I'm curious if anybody has actually USED the fillable forms for interview, with success. If we can document this, then others may benefit, including those "helpers" in GUZ.

236816[/snapback]

My personal feeling is that it's like trying to paint a moving target. It just cannot be done, and if you try to do it the result is sloppy. Experience with government bureaucracy dictates that even when a new policy is dictated that invariably, there are those that never get the word on what's acceptable and what's not.

What can one say when they are told that something is acceptable or not? You can liken it to the traffic cop that pulls you over for speeding and you attempt to convince them that you weren't speeding. They say that you were going 50-MPH in a 40-MPH zone. You say, officer, they changed the speed limit to 50-MPH last week, there is a sign just 100-yards behind us. Yeah right. Good luck. You will get your day in court, but not for several days or weeks later to prove your case. Does anyone want to take the chance of being put in that position?

That traffic cop ain't gonna take the time to look at your evidence or listen to your song and dance either. Some have had success with electronic fillable forms, and others (like me) have not.

For THIS reason.....prepare for contigencies......or else...

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went on the basis of "when in doubt" have it notarized.

236710[/snapback]

Always the best policy, as stated in the original reply to the OP. The form itself states notarization is required....

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=234140

Also, some say it's okay to use any fillable form for the P4, rather than the forms received in the mail. Why not use both and have them with you at the interview to cover the "F"-factor. Yes, there is always an "F"-factor, so plan on any and all contigencies. Better to have too much than not enough, because you can bet that if you decide to cut a corner because someone on Candle or Guz speaks said it was okay, you will indeed be setting yourself up for a last minute surprise come interview day...

236807[/snapback]

This downloaded vs hand written on forms from GUZ is interesting. Yang Jiahua encouraged my wife to fill out the actual papers GUZ sent instead of using the fillable ones. Of course, we know THAT will work but I'm curious if anybody has actually USED the fillable forms for interview, with success. If we can document this, then others may benefit, including those "helpers" in GUZ.

236816[/snapback]

We used the online DS-156 that produces a second page with a barcode and it was accepted for our son's interview without question.

For my wife we were refused by the hospital to submit that and after complaining to the ASC they had a VO come over and hear my issue. They said they would call the hospitals and inform them that this was the prefered form.

A typed form is usually the best as it removes all doubt concerning handwriting.