I thought this went to China, I got it in the mail today. My wife's last package, the one with choice of agent form stated she would be getting papers within about 3 weeks, guessing once I had returned my I-864 and paid the DS-230 fees and what not.

My questions are:

Is it a mistake I got the DS-230?

Will my wife get one also?

Do both need to be returned or just one?

I notice on the first sheet, it says if this is a family based visa I must complete the I-864 form, I've already done that, sent it in the same day as the DS-230 fee. Do I need to do another, or is this just a standard letter.?

On the Packet 3 supplemental sheet, where it asks for

1.GUZ case number

2.Visa Category

3.Name of applicant in Chinese characters

4.Name of applicant in telegraphic code or Si Jiao Hao Ma

5.Current mailing address in Chinese characters with postal code

6.Date of Marriage

Where do I find telegraphic code, and should I include all this on a seperate page and staple it or just write on the sheet they are asking this on (a bit crowded in some places if I try this)?

Hopefully I won't need to make a pest of myself like I did with the I-864 questions.

From what it states all I need are a copy of her passport, which also has along with a copy of her visa on the same page (may just make another copy without the visa info since they didn't specifically ask for it) and the DS-230 itself.

Edited by trickyspark (see edit history)

DS-230: As agent, you should expect to get the DS-230. Only you need to return it... Any kids ? They would need one each as well. (FYI: You'll get DS-230 Part II in P4, for CR1)

I-864: Do one for NVC. it will get forwarded to GUZ. No need for another.

P3 supplement: A member reported this was not used anymore and I asked GUZSpeak to confirm and they did.. but your getting this as CR1.. .I thought this was only for K# visas.. Did NVC Send this or GUZ? I'd check with the sender to see if you need to return it...

Don't understand the last part.. what states you need her passport?

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
Where do I find telegraphic code,

This link should do it. You do have to enter her name in Chinese, and out will come the number code. If you don't have her name in Chinese yet by computer, have her send it to you in a email, as computer generated Chinese is more clear than a hand written entery. Just copy and paste it to the box and enter.

If you don't want to do this, she can go to the post office herself and enter her name. My SO already knew her number, so your SO may already know this now too. She said many people have used this number for different forms and school, so at least for her, it seems like common knowledge to know it, or know about it.

http://www.njstar.com/tools/telecode/index.php

I-864:  Do one for NVC. it will get forwarded to GUZ.  No need for another.

Don't understand the last part.. what states you need her passport?

233546[/snapback]

Already done the I-864 they sent me, sent it back in the big barcoded envelope they sent me, hope that was headed to NVC.

The Instructions to Visa Applicants page is the one that asks for passport information. It is the page which also shows you which documents to prepare for P4. I can submit scan of anything if you'd like to add them to sample forms.

Where do I find telegraphic code,

This link should do it. You do have to enter her name in Chinese, and out will come the number code. If you don't have her name in Chinese yet by computer, have her send it to you in a email, as computer generated Chinese is more clear than a hand written entery. Just copy and paste it to the box and enter.

If you don't want to do this, she can go to the post office herself and enter her name. My SO already knew her number, so your SO may already know this now too. She said many people have used this number for different forms and school, so at least for her, it seems like common knowledge to know it, or know about it.

http://www.njstar.com/tools/telecode/index.php

233552[/snapback]

Can she go to any post office in China to do this?

I have her name in Chinese but it would be nice to compare the number I was given on the link you gave.

Thanks,

Rick

I would suggest asking her about it (you have asked her, right?). If she is clueless, then have her ask a friend, or older family member as they would know (also children use the number for school on some registration). I don't know about every post office in China, but the one in my SO's home town has it, and her town is not that big.

I would suggest asking her about it (you have asked her, right?). If she is clueless, then have her ask a friend, or older family member as they would know (also children use the number for school on some registration). I don't know about every post office in China, but the one in my SO's home town has it, and her town is not that big.

233957[/snapback]

I have asked her about it but she has never heard of the telgraphic code so maybe they call it something else in Chinese. I was given a link to a site in Chinese so maybe she will understand that when I forward it to her.

Thanks,

Rick