Hello All,

Well I received the I-797 today and then sent the I-129-F off in the mail. So from what I have read now is the time to just sit back and wait? If I am to understand correctly I have nothing to do until my SO gets her P-3 and then I send her the I-134 is that correct? As long as I filled everything out correctly all I should get is the P-2 is this right? I have read the time line I just want to make sure I understand everything.

Sometimes I am a little slow....lol

Thanks,

Rick

Guest pushbrk
Hello All,

Well I received the I-797 today and then sent the I-129-F off in the mail. So from what I have read now is the time to just sit back and wait? If I am to understand correctly I have nothing to do until my SO gets her P-3 and then I send her the I-134 is that correct? As long as I filled everything out correctly all I should get is the P-2 is this right? I have read the time line I just want to make sure I understand everything.

Thanks,

Rick

233534[/snapback]

Until NOA2, you are in a black hole. There is nothing to do but wait. As far as the 129F is concerned there will be nothing you can do to help things along until P3 but you CAN follow your petition through NVC and then begin calling DOS a month or so after the petition leaves NVC. Be sure to ask NVC the status of any Name Check. If the name check isn't completed before the petition leaves NVC, DOS can tell you when it is and let you know when our case it is logged in as received by GUZ.

There are things you can do but they don't make any difference in the speed of the process.

Right now, you may want to get set up to track your cases through USCIS by registering at https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp Be sure to set up email notification. The website info may never change, but you'll get an email notification of approval, so you know when to call NVC.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
Hello All,

Thanks,

Rick

233534[/snapback]

Until NOA2, you are in a black hole. There is nothing to do but wait. As far as the 129F is concerned there will be nothing you can do to help things along until P3 but you CAN follow your petition through NVC and then begin calling DOS a month or so after the petition leaves NVC. Be sure to ask NVC the status of any Name Check. If the name check isn't completed before the petition leaves NVC, DOS can tell you when it is and let you know when our case it is logged in as received by GUZ.

There are things you can do but they don't make any difference in the speed of the process.

Right now, you may want to get set up to track your cases through USCIS by registering at https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp Be sure to set up email notification. The website info may never change, but you'll get an email notification of approval, so you know when to call NVC.

234099[/snapback]

Hi Mike,

I take it NVC is for the Nebraska service center, so at the uscis web site you gave me the link to I just enter my reciept no.? How will I know when it leaves NVC? Then you say to call DOS, who is DOS? I am not up on all the abbreviations. Now I take it the first name check is on me is that correct? So many things I dont understand yet. :)

Thanks,

Rick

Guest pushbrk
Hello All,

Thanks,

Rick

233534[/snapback]

234099[/snapback]

Hi Mike,

I take it NVC is for the Nebraska service center, so at the uscis web site you gave me the link to I just enter my reciept no.? How will I know when it leaves NVC? Then you say to call DOS, who is DOS? I am not up on all the abbreviations. Now I take it the first name check is on me is that correct? So many things I dont understand yet. :)

Thanks,

Rick

234166[/snapback]

NSC is Nebraska Service Center. NVC is National Visa Center which is part of Dept. of State. Your I-129F went to NBC National Benefits Center which is also called MSC, Missouri Service Center. You'll track it through NBC but it will have an MSC case number. In all likelyhood, you're I-129F will be approved and sent to NVC first. Look for the emails.

The service centers are swamped so your in for a bit of a wait I'm sorry to say. Get comfortable :)

Due to high workload surges, the Vermont Service Center (VSC) recently transferred 5,000 Petitions for Nonimmigrant Workers (Form I-129) to the Texas Service Center (TSC). The VSC also transferred 22,000 Petitions for Alien Relatives (Form I-130) to the California Service Center