The I-129F Petition

I thought I'd throw this out there for some comments. My I-129F petition has been sitting at USCIS for 141 days now. How long should I wait before contacting Senators, Congressman, etc. I know that some NOA2's have been issued in Vermont in about 10 days or so. This is starting to be ridiculous. Thanks for your comments. :)

Guest pushbrk
I thought I'd throw this out there for some comments.  My I-129F petition has been sitting at USCIS for 141 days now.  How long should I wait before contacting Senators, Congressman, etc.  I know that some NOA2's have been issued in Vermont in about 10 days or so.  This is starting to be ridiculous.  Thanks for your comments. :)

233498[/snapback]

Those with IMBRA RFE's like yours are just now starting to be approved. I don't see a problem to address with another agency or politician.

don't compare yourself to VSC; your petition isn't there...

you got an RFE and returned it.. just track, maybe at VJ, people near your time and at CSC...

I'd say it's inappropriate to involve any political figure since they are processing... there are not gross delays relative to the norm in your position.

I thought I'd throw this out there for some comments.  My I-129F petition has been sitting at USCIS for 141 days now.  How long should I wait before contacting Senators, Congressman, etc.  I know that some NOA2's have been issued in Vermont in about 10 days or so.  This is starting to be ridiculous.  Thanks for your comments. :P

233498[/snapback]

Ron,

I would do no good at this time to contact them for an inquiry yet. CSC is only working on March 06, I-129F at this time of writing. Because your petition is not past the 30 days posting of March 06, you are still considered within the time frame of CSC. Your reps will not look into the case yet for you, because your case is still within the time frame. As soon as you are beyond the time frame of 30 days, then they can make an inquiry on your behalf if you so choose, or for a different reason now.

Now if you want, download the release papers from their web site (the reps you are wanting to act on your behalf). You fill it out, sign it and fax it to them. Now they will open a file for you and assign you a case number. You are on their books now, and saved yourself a week or so down the road if you need them by doing this ahead of time. They should post (mail) you a confirmation of this taking place. Just be sure on the papers you fax to them that you tell them you just want to open a file, not have them inquire for you yet. Give them your CSC recipt #, benificary name, and A# if assigned yet. All the other information from you will be on the release paper you will sign.

I thought I'd throw this out there for some comments.  My I-129F petition has been sitting at USCIS for 141 days now.  How long should I wait before contacting Senators, Congressman, etc.  I know that some NOA2's have been issued in Vermont in about 10 days or so.  This is starting to be ridiculous.  Thanks for your comments. :P

233498[/snapback]

Ron,

I would do no good at this time to contact them for an inquiry yet. CSC is only working on March 06, I-129F at this time of writing. Because your petition is not past the 30 days posting of March 06, you are still considered within the time frame of CSC. Your reps will not look into the case yet for you, because your case is still within the time frame. As soon as you are beyond the time frame of 30 days, then they can make an inquiry on your behalf if you so choose, or for a different reason now.

Now if you want, download the release papers from their web site (the reps you are wanting to act on your behalf). You fill it out, sign it and fax it to them. Now they will open a file for you and assign you a case number. You are on their books now, and saved yourself a week or so down the road if you need them by doing this ahead of time. They should post (mail) you a confirmation of this taking place. Just be sure on the papers you fax to them that you tell them you just want to open a file, not have them inquire for you yet. Give them your CSC recipt #, benificary name, and A# if assigned yet. All the other information from you will be on the release paper you will sign.

233548[/snapback]

Thanks, Mike

I'm not doing anything at this time. I was only fishing for comments. :)

I thought I'd throw this out there for some comments.  My I-129F petition has been sitting at USCIS for 141 days now.  How long should I wait before contacting Senators, Congressman, etc.  I know that some NOA2's have been issued in Vermont in about 10 days or so.  This is starting to be ridiculous.  Thanks for your comments. :D

233498[/snapback]

Ron,

233548[/snapback]

Thanks, Mike

I'm not doing anything at this time. I was only fishing for comments. :D

233567[/snapback]

You should be getting it soon. Alot of approvals this week for CSC. I got mine today.

Receipt Number: WAC###################

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On July 25, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

I thought I'd throw this out there for some comments.  My I-129F petition has been sitting at USCIS for 141 days now.  How long should I wait before contacting Senators, Congressman, etc.  I know that some NOA2's have been issued in Vermont in about 10 days or so.  This is starting to be ridiculous.  Thanks for your comments. :)

233498[/snapback]

Ron,

233548[/snapback]

Thanks, Mike

I'm not doing anything at this time. I was only fishing for comments. :P

233567[/snapback]

You should be getting it soon. Alot of approvals this week for CSC. I got mine today.

Receipt Number: WAC###################

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On July 25, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

233881[/snapback]

Good for you and congratulations. :)