I-134 (Affadavit)

Hello All,

I am getting started on the I-134 (Affadavit of Support), and I had a couple questions:

1) Is there a "form filler" PDF version of this application online?

2) I lived in China last year to teach. On #2, it asks that I have resided in the USA since________. Should I say since "July 2006" (when I returned from China) or since I was born? What is considered "resided"?

Thank you all! I look forward to hearing from you. I really appreciate your time and help!

Hello All,

I am getting started on the I-134 (Affadavit of Support), and I had a couple questions:

2) I lived in China last year to teach. On #2, it asks that I have resided in the USA since________. Should I say since "July 2006" (when I returned from China) or since I was born? What is considered "resided"?

Thank you all! I look forward to hearing from you. I really appreciate your time and help!

233180[/snapback]

I would answer for example since 2004 however, I resided in the USA from 1960 -2002. Just fill it in completely. Make room if it will fit or put a supplemental page.

Hello All,

233180[/snapback]

I would answer for example since 2004 however, I resided in the USA from 1960 -2002. Just fill it in completely. Make room if it will fit or put a supplemental page.

233182[/snapback]

Thank you for the response. That makes sense.

I have a couple other questions:

1) My father will co-sponsor my Affadavit, and on #11, it asks if "he intends to make specific contributions to the applicant." My father does not, unless there is some dire need. Instead, my wife and I will work together to support ourselves. However, is it a problem that my father marks "no" for the question?

2) How much of the tax forms do we need to copy? Just the information page, or the WHOLE packet?

Thank you again, and have a great day!

Hello All,

233180[/snapback]

233182[/snapback]

1) My father will co-sponsor my Affadavit, and on #11, it asks if "he intends to make specific contributions to the applicant." My father does not, unless there is some dire need. Instead, my wife and I will work together to support ourselves. However, is it a problem that my father marks "no" for the question?

2) How much of the tax forms do we need to copy? Just the information page, or the WHOLE packet?

233297[/snapback]

You will fill out a I-134 yourself; your dad will fill one out too.. answers will differ in a few spots throughout, besides #11...

I have heard the argument that this #11 is more applicable to those Non-immigrant Visas (NIV) other than family-based ones (K#s)... and any answer will do.

I would be inclined for you to say, "intend" -- intend to marry and live together; For your dad, "intend" -- as needed to fulfill any obligations of this affidavit.

I would also be inclined to listen to other post suggestions, particularly for your dad :)

For taxes, it should be COMPLETE Taxes or IRS Transcripts... if your father filed jointly on the taxes, then the W2s (or whatever documentation he has) would be used to validate the number he puts on the form...

Hello All,

233180[/snapback]

233182[/snapback]

233297[/snapback]

You will fill out a I-134 yourself; your dad will fill one out too.. answers will differ in a few spots throughout, besides #11...

I have heard the argument that this #11 is more applicable to those Non-immigrant Visas (NIV) other than family-based ones (K#s)... and any answer will do.

I would be inclined for you to say, "intend" -- intend to marry and live together; For your dad, "intend" -- as needed to fulfill any obligations of this affidavit.

I would also be inclined to listen to other post suggestions, particularly for your dad :rolleyes:

For taxes, it should be COMPLETE Taxes or IRS Transcripts... if your father filed jointly on the taxes, then the W2s (or whatever documentation he has) would be used to validate the number he puts on the form...

233302[/snapback]

I'm a little confused.

I just learned that there is more than one form for the Affadavit of Support. As a DCF, do I file the I-134 or I-864 (or even a different one from these?)

What are the differences between the forms?

Guest pushbrk
Hello All,

233180[/snapback]

233182[/snapback]

233297[/snapback]

I would also be inclined to listen to other post suggestions, particularly for your dad :rolleyes:

233302[/snapback]

I'm a little confused.

I just learned that there is more than one form for the Affadavit of Support. As a DCF, do I file the I-134 or I-864 (or even a different one from these?)

What are the differences between the forms?

233447[/snapback]

DCF is for CR1 visa. CR1 uses the I-864, not the I-134.

scratch my previous answers... only applicable to the I-134... As mike said, you'll use the I-864.

---------

The first thing to answer whether your dad resides at the same residence which you'll use as your domicile (US residence) ?

This will drive how you two fill out the I-864s (or he could end up with a I-864a)...