ANOTHER DS 230 (CR1) question

Had an online discussion with my SO last night. She said that her friend who went through the CR1 process recently recieved the DS230 forms and they include the DS230 (Part one only has to be filled out- fine I knew that) and ANOTHER form where she has to put her name (In addition to the DS 230???) in Chinese chracters and NUMBERS?????

Now I am totally confused!!!! Is this the twilight zone???? Numbers??? and she insisted on it!!!!, and it turned into an argument!!!

God almighty please someone here help me before I lose my mind!! Someone that went through the CR1 process and remembers the forms. What numbers is she talking about?? what additional form? <_<

Thanks for helping. I am going to work now and get online when I come back.

Guest pushbrk
Had an online discussion with my SO last night. She said  that her friend who went through the CR1 process recently recieved the DS230 forms and they include the DS230 (Part one only has to be filled out- fine I knew that) and ANOTHER form where she has to put her  name (In addition to the DS 230???) in Chinese chracters and NUMBERS?????

Now I am totally confused!!!!  Is this the twilight zone????  Numbers???  and she insisted on it!!!!, and it turned into an argument!!!

God almighty please someone here help me before I lose my mind!! Someone that went through the CR1 process and remembers the forms. What numbers is she talking about??  what additional form? :o

231310[/snapback]

I don't know what form you are referring to specifically but "numbers" in the form of Chinese Telegraphic Code were required on the GIV 24, my wife just filled out for her K3 P4.

You can find the codes here.

http://www.njstar.com/tools/telecode/index.php

You'll need the Chinese characters to paste into the tool.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

There are three forms that have historically required the telegraphic code... one now obsolete as randy points out (for K#s).

For CR1, you will receive the GIV-24 in the P4 from the consulate (along with other forms) that asks for the telegraphic code for Q1 (along with the name).

The CTC site provided above is good since it is in english and you can input the entire name at one time and get the results (some other sites require entry and translation one character at a time).

Since your still at NVC, there is some time before this will occur... Looks like you have not even received the P3 yet (DS-230).

Had an online discussion with my SO last night. She said  that her friend who went through the CR1 process recently recieved the DS230 forms and they include the DS230 (Part one only has to be filled out- fine I knew that) and ANOTHER form where she has to put her  name (In addition to the DS 230???) in Chinese chracters and NUMBERS?????

Now I am totally confused!!!!  Is this the twilight zone????  Numbers???  and she insisted on it!!!!, and it turned into an argument!!!

God almighty please someone here help me before I lose my mind!! Someone that went through the CR1 process and remembers the forms. What numbers is she talking about??  what additional form? <_<

231310[/snapback]

Thanks for posting this question!!!! I totally missed this. Pushback .thanks for the website !!!!! Don't know what I would do without this message board. You guys are the greatest!

God almighty please someone here help me before I lose my mind!! Someone that went through the CR1 process and remembers the forms. What numbers is she talking about??  what additional form? <_<

231310[/snapback]

BTW, Thank you SO for insisting :-)