Duplicate IMBRA RFE for K3

I got what appears to be a duplciate RFE for the IMBRA today in the mail. I previously received one on 7/3/2006 and returned it via priority mail with proof of delivery on 7/5/2006. Proof of delivery shows 7/10/2006.

The first RFE was dated 6/28/2006 and the second one is dated 7/10/2006. The file number and A# are the same and the RFE is the standard IMBRA questionaire that was previously completed, signed and returned? I did not receive another email regarding this mailing and there hasn't been any change in my status which shows a RFE on 7/3/2006.

Anybody have this happen to them? Any guesses why?

I got what appears to be a duplciate RFE for the IMBRA today in the mail.  I previously received one on 7/3/2006 and returned it via priority mail with proof of delivery on 7/5/2006.  Proof of delivery shows 7/10/2006. 

The first RFE was dated 6/28/2006 and the second one is dated 7/10/2006.  The file number and A# are the same and the RFE is the standard IMBRA questionaire that was previously completed, signed and returned?  I did not receive another email regarding this mailing and there hasn't been any change in my status which shows a RFE on 7/3/2006.

Anybody have this happen to them?  Any guesses why?

231028[/snapback]

I to have a seeming duplicate RFE ¨C received 13 July, dated 10 July.

I returned first RFE on 5 July. Received email 7 July acknowledgement.

I am returning a cover letter with copy of first RFE, copy of their first RFE letter, copy of email from them, second RFE with new date and copy of the second RFE letter.

Yeah, I had already seen it on VJ there are several others that have apparently received these duplicates, but nobody at this point really knows why :crazy:

231036[/snapback]

Maybe they want our spouses to fill out one...in case they're crazy and have a violent past of drug dealing, murder, arson, piracy, kidnapping, street walking, or whatever else lol.

Us men need protection too :lol:

I got what appears to be a duplciate RFE for the IMBRA today in the mail.  I previously received one on 7/3/2006 and returned it via priority mail with proof of delivery on 7/5/2006.  Proof of delivery shows 7/10/2006. 

The first RFE was dated 6/28/2006 and the second one is dated 7/10/2006.  The file number and A# are the same and the RFE is the standard IMBRA questionaire that was previously completed, signed and returned?  I did not receive another email regarding this mailing and there hasn't been any change in my status which shows a RFE on 7/3/2006.

231028[/snapback]

Same here. Received duplicate RFE yesterday. I received 2 identical emails when they first notified me on July 3. Think they hit the "Send" twice back then?

231028[/snapback]

Same here. Received duplicate RFE yesterday. I received 2 identical emails when they first notified me on July 3. Think they hit the "Send" twice back then?

231049[/snapback]

Make sure you respond to both the RFE's or you could have an outstanding issue that if not addressed can cancel a case. :(

Sad but true. :blink:

I would recommend completing the second RFE just like the first and returning it. The USCIS may be screwed up, but don't let their mistake cause you additional delay because they don't feel like they didn't get the information requested.

231043[/snapback]

Additional delays you say - Forget about it - take a look at my timeline - my K3 has a receipt date of 3/6/06 (the first day of the IMBRA mess) and has been basically sitting every since. My CR1/CR2 is moving along and will get to GUZ before the K3 ever sees an envelope.

I am planning on sending back a cover letter (asking them WHY) with a copy of my original completed and signed RFE and copy of delivery confirmation... It certainly can't make it any slower of a process :blink: and I have basically given up on the K3 and am now putting most of my effort in the CR1/CR2 process.

and I have basically given up on the K3 and am now putting most of my effort in the CR1/CR2 process.

231082[/snapback]

don't forget what the K3 can still do for you...

-It will skip through NVC much quicker (once it gets there)

- The K3 case can be sent from NVC to GUZ electronically, whereas the CR1 cannot.. another speed advantage

- if K3 does indeed get to the consulate first (however shortly after the CR1 case arrives), then it gets into the Interview queue quicker [for the CR1 as well]...

- and namechecks for the K3 can be applied to the CR1.

As lee as rightly said.. return anything you get quickly.. keep it moving...

I would recommend completing the second RFE just like the first and returning it. The USCIS may be screwed up, but don't let their mistake cause you additional delay because they don't feel like they didn't get the information requested.

231043[/snapback]

Additional delays you say - Forget about it - take a look at my timeline - my K3 has a receipt date of 3/6/06 (the first day of the IMBRA mess) and has been basically sitting every since. My CR1/CR2 is moving along and will get to GUZ before the K3 ever sees an envelope.

I am planning on sending back a cover letter (asking them WHY) with a copy of my original completed and signed RFE and copy of delivery confirmation... It certainly can't make it any slower of a process :P and I have basically given up on the K3 and am now putting most of my effort in the CR1/CR2 process.

231082[/snapback]

A cover letter does not give them the response to the RFE, while it seems redundant to send it again, it is the fastest way to get things moving again. You're not dealing with someone who is concerned about waste, you are dealing with a paperwork machine and if the RFE is not properly responded to within the time frame given on the RFE they will automatically cancel the case.

The K-3 can still get to GZ and get you an interview date sooner than the CR-1/2 which should catch up to the K-3 before the interview and get your wife and daughter here as LPR's and avoid the entire AOS process.

Don't allow pride and indignation to stand between you and your loved ones getting here in the fastest possible manner.

Guest pushbrk

231043[/snapback]

I am planning on sending back a cover letter (asking them WHY) with a copy of my original completed and signed RFE and copy of delivery confirmation... It certainly can't make it any slower of a process :P and I have basically given up on the K3 and am now putting most of my effort in the CR1/CR2 process.

231082[/snapback]

Other than this RFE response there isn't any more effort required from you on the K3 case until you help your wife with the P3 and P4 paperwork. David's explanation of how the K3 can help you get your family together faster and potentially get them here as CR1/2 faster is spot on.

The best of both worlds is that the K3/4 name check and interview date are used for the CR1/2 visas. Keep that K3 moving.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
I've seen references of it at VJ (visajourney.com).. you might check there.

231031[/snapback]

Have any K1's received the duplicate IMBRA RFE? I didn't see anyone except K3's on VJ, and it looks like everyone who posted here is K3, but I can't be sure.

Any K1's out there with another RFE?

I've seen references of it at VJ (visajourney.com).. you might check there.

231031[/snapback]

Have any K1's received the duplicate IMBRA RFE? I didn't see anyone except K3's on VJ, and it looks like everyone who posted here is K3, but I can't be sure.

Any K1's out there with another RFE?

231106[/snapback]

I have an email saying they recieved my RFE on July 13....what the F**** do I see in the mail today? RFE dated June 10...duplicate in every F****in way... I reckon the best I can do is send it back, bend over and take the extra 2 week delay in the @$$ like everyone else.

Not that it'll matter but I think I'll print the email they sent me saying the first was recieved and send it along with the second RFE.

I didn't make a copy of the first as I didn't think they would be this inept.

This is retarded, seems only K3's...it's like punishment for being married.