passport question

My SO has a passport that has 5 years to expiration --but because she now lives at her sisters house she has a new ID card that has more numbers than the ID number that is in her passport --I think 2 or 3 more numbers at the end. She still lives in the same city. Will it cause any problems later? It is "empty" --she has never used it to travel, also has a Hong Kong passport that only has 1 trip.

Will I get email from Vermont when they start to look at my I-129 and cash the check??? --I am waiting, out of cheetos --now eating blueberrys...

My SO has a passport that has 5 years to expiration --but because she now lives at her sisters house she has a new ID card that has more numbers than the ID number that is in her passport --I think 2 or 3 more numbers at the end.   She still lives in the same city.  Will it cause any problems later?  It is "empty" --she has never used it to travel, also has a Hong Kong passport that only has 1 trip.

Will I get email from Vermont when they start to look at my I-129 and cash the check??? --I am waiting, out of cheetos --now eating blueberrys...

230837[/snapback]

For the ID numbers differenc that is normal. Because since end of last centry China started to reform the ID system, and extend the digitals for every ID number from 15 digitals to 18 digitals. For example: 320102720208899 is the old ID number, the red part is the birth date of the holder. Now the govement put 3 more digitals in it to:32010219720208899 6(or a letter).

But the old ID number is still valid.

About the empty Passport, also i don't say anyproblem. I just got my CR1 visa on my empty passport.

Edited by yuliki (see edit history)