Vaccinations supplement

When it comes to immigration issues, nothing is trivial, nor does it follow common sense. The INS doctor’s office I called would not take our word for chicken pox. They insist an antibody test must be done to prove she is immune. Now we have to make a THIRD trip to our doctor’s office to get it done. By the way, the MMR and varicella (chicken pox) blood tests can be done at the same time. The pain goes on. :unsure:

sy

I did call the 800 number this week and asked that question. The lady on the phone told me that I didn't need to mail the vaccination report.  :D And I mailed my forms to BCIS this afternoon without that vaccination form in. :( I guess we have to wait and see what happens.

What 800 number Littlebear? Is this for California or is it good nationwide? B) :huh: :o

On Form I-485 instructions it actually says " you only need to submit the vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report " ( Page 2 of instructions, left column, 3rd paragraph "fiancees" )

This 800 number is nationwide. But I wouldn't trust just one operator saying it's not necessary. She perhaps thought you meant the medical exam ( which is indeed not necessary at this point ) instead of the vaccinations.

I went by what the form instructions said.

• 4 weeks later...

FROM THE BCIS WEBSITE:

If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon.

Vaccinations: The required vaccination are: mumps, measles, rubella, polio, tetanus, diphtheria toxoids, pertussis, influenza type B, hepatitis B, and any other vaccinations recommended by the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices (ACIP). Current ACIP recommendations also include the varicella, haemophilius inlfuenzae type B, and pneumococcal vaccines. The civil surgeon will review your vaccination history with you to determine whether you have all the required vaccinations. Make sure you take your vaccination records with you to your appointment with the civil surgeon. Do not try to comply with these requirements before you meet with the civil surgeon, in case it is not medically appropriate for you to have one or more of the required vaccines. For more information about the vaccination requirements.

How do I find a designated civil surgeon in my area?

To obtain the names and telephone numbers of the designated civil surgeons in your area, please call INS' National Customer Service Center at 1 (800)375-5283. After you have selected English or Spanish as your language of choice for the message, choose #2 for medical examinations from the list of six automated options. You will need to key in your zip code. Have a pen and pencil ready to write down the list of civil surgeons.

The civil surgeon will record the results on Form I-693. . . the civil surgeon will give you Form I-693 with the results in a sealed envelope to present to INS. DO NOT OPEN THE SEALED ENVELOPE. . . All adjustment of status applicants are required to comply with the vaccination requirements.