P4 and the Chengdu Notary

Hello everyone..

I know I don’t update as much as I should, but this whole process is a complete drain on the soul ! ! ! !

Anyway… I’m here in Chengdu helping my SO prepare her documents for the interview and wanted to give some details about the Chengdu Notary.

First thing, my SO received the P4 on July 3rd and the interview date is August 24th.

We went to the Notary in Chengdu on July 3rd and spoke to an older man… he reviewed all the documents (Police, Birth, Non-Married, House Book, Passport, etc)… after about 20 minutes of him scolding my SO about the Non-Married Cert being 5 months old and the Police Cert being 2 months old, he told her that she go to her home town for the notary services. It wasn’t looking good… after my SO and I discussed the old man’s point of view it was looking like it was time for some big time GuangXi… I asked her to tell the old man that many American’s felt the Chengdu Notary Office was the best in all of Sichuan and that we made this trip to Chengdu to only to come to see him and Chengdu office because of this… and that his advice was greatly appreciated and that any help you could provide us would be deeply thanked…. It was like a light switch was turned on! He told my SO to return home and get the revised Non-Marriage Cert and to return and he would personally help us.

So that’s what we did… two days later we returned with the revised cert… no need to revise the Police Cert as it fell within the time limit to her interview… after he reviewed the certs and offer us tea and a news paper, he collected the all the information and money… this was on Thursday afternoon and he said return Friday morning to pickup the White Books! WOW… this was fast! We have the White Books in hand and are extremely happy now that this portion of the process is complete. I just love Chinese GuangXi =)

Here’s some pricing that we paid for our Notary services in Chengdu.

2 copies of the Police Cert

2 copies of the Non-Marriage Cert

3 copies of the Birth Cert

all for 720 RMB

I was expecting the “white book” to be just that, but it was a bounded, bonded set of documents that appears in looks to be a US finical report or something you’d see from a collage essay…

Also, if you need photos, two doors down from the Notary office is a Fuji photo shop where they are well versed in these photos… we bought 10 standard Chinese passport photos (for the Notary) and 6 standard US passport photos (for Guangzhou) all for 42 RMB.

The next step for us is to go through the P4 and fill it out… and of course make copies…

What we received in the P4 was

- Appointment Letter

- K1 Appointment Packet NO16

o Med Exam Instructions w/ locations

o Family Composition Sheet

o Cert of Legal Capacity and Intent to Marry

o Supplemental GNI-2 Form

o Letter to K1/K2 Applicant (appears to be a checklist)

- DS-156 form (2 copies in English & 2 copies in Chinese)

- DS-157 form (2 copies in English & 2 copies in Chinese)

- DS-156K

- VISA photo instructions

- DS-3026 (med history & phys exam)

- DS-2053 (med exam application)

- DS-3024 (chest x-ray)

- DS-3025 (vaccination documentation worksheet)

DAMN ! ! ! ! !

It sure seems straight forward from here (fingers crossed)…

The only thing at this point I have a question on is the vaccination worksheet… the checklist states it is not required, yet they provide one… why?

Not sure if any of this stuff help anyone, but I thought I would try to contribute to the cause =)

If your SO is able to get a record of her prior vaccinations to take to the medical exam it would help her not to need to receive duplicates of them.

China started issuing vaccination books to children born around 1990, but it might be possible for her to get an official record to take with her.

2 copies of the Police Cert

2 copies of the Non-Marriage Cert

3 copies of the Birth Cert

Did you get these items translated to English? I am not sure but think you will also need that.

229508[/snapback]

Yes, all 7 White Books have an accompaning English translation.

good information!thanks, I got my papers at the notary in chengdu a few month ago,before I went there I dialed 114 for the notary office's phone number,I made a call asking what things I must bring for notary,they did good job with reasonable price,they told me if I need more copies and go back notary office in half year,I can get copies for 20rmb for each one.