I-134 "in duplicate"?

Hi, guys

I am just trying to complet I-134 with my parents because they will be my wife's sponsor. Its instruction says that we need to produce "in duplicate" all the material. Does this mean that we need two originial sets of paperworks, including two I-134, two bank statements, two copies of three years worth of tax return, two employee verification? Or is that one set of original, one set of copy with both notarized? I am pretty sure many of you have completed this step. Please advice!

Thanks a lot!

Jerry

When we asked about the "in duplicate", what seems like decades ago, GZ told us it was referring to the English and the Chinese language questionaires. That is the way that we submitted and they accepted it that way. What they say now though may be another matter. This came up in another thread also. You need to get an answer from GZ on what their current interpretation of this is. I know it is a pain, but I would say call and try to talk to a real person about this. I would also say send an e-mail at the same time.

Thanks, Owen.  Will call and email GZ for sure.

Does anyone else know what "in duplicate" means?

Thanks!

To normal mortals it means copycats of the same documents..

A doc in English and the same in Chinese are NOT duplicates. they are translations.

Then again with GZ... who the hell knows... ;)

I just sent a photcopy of everything along. No idea if it was acceptable, since no one ever looked at it. I got it given back to me after she unpacked here, and she said no one ever asked about it or for it.

Also, you mention three years tax returns, you just need one years for the I-134. It is the I-846 that needs three years of returns.