this is my question .... can my fiance adopt her 10 year old neice and the niece be approved to come here either when she does or after we marry She seem's to think it would be easy for her to adopt the child would the u.s goverment have a issue with this if i did a I-134 what would it matter ? any one have similar experience I have meet the niece on 3 different occasion's and the niece live's in the home with my fiance I even have pic's with me and the niece my fiance as well care's for the niece taking her to school and doing things for her I hope this give's enough info

this is my question .... can my fiance adopt her 10 year old neice and the nieceĀ  be approved to come here either when she does or after we marry She seem's to think it would be easy for her to adopt the child would the u.s goverment have a issue with this if i did a I-134 what would it matter ? any one have similar experience I have meet the niece on 3 different occasion's and the niece live's in the home with my fiance I even have pic's with me and the niece my fiance as well care's for the niece taking her to school andĀ  doing things for her I hope this give's enough info

228923[/snapback]

GZ has replied to a very similar topic before.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15780

It may be questionable that the niece even if adopted now could be included on the K-2 petition since she was not included initially on the I-129F. I am not familiar with a method to include a child after the fact, but it could be possible, you would need to consult with a REAL good immigration attorney. KING comes to mind since the case is already in GZ.

With that said if she is adopted prior to your marriage, she would be considered your child for immigration purposes and could be applied for using an I-130, see How Do I Bring My Child, Son or Daughter to Live in the United States?