Rude Immigration Employees

I just returned from having my wife’s biometrics done and the people in this office were so rude. To think that these people represent the front of line of immigration to America is almost be on belief. A young man playing Mario Brothers continuously on the computer, making fun of Mexican’s diet and “old people just kill me.” I made the mistake of asking a question. I feel like I need to take a shower from just going in the immigration office. I have never had any face to face meetings with an American immigration office and I certainly would never never never recommend to anyone friend or foe to venture into this barren landscape.

How in the world do people get jobs and keep jobs acting this way? If they were in the private sector they wouldn’t even be hired much less experience continuous employment.

My wife told me this is how Immigration in Guangzhou is run also. Employees tell people hurry here and hurry there. I have new found respect for all the wives and husband who actually go into these offices. The incredible audacity and God complex these people have just made me want to throw up.

Of course I kept my mouth shut. They have a service I need. I can remember encouraging others on CFL within the last month, “to give them what they want and try to smile doing it.” Do I ever apologize for being so lofty.

This is a great place to vent and be heard. My wife just came asked me for a kiss and said, “No angry.”

What a long strange trip of a journey I am on. I think I will go ride my bicycle and decide life is worth living in spite of American immigration.

We left with our papers stamped and entered into the computer. :unsure: :D

I'm sorry to hear of the bad experience, but I gotta tell 'ya, the biometrice folks at the ASC in Atlanta were top notch. The guards at the entrance were friendly but strict - people listened and obeyed. The input officers were fast and orderly, and one picture/fingerprint taker was a real hoot, making fun of the "movie star" shots she had to take. The appointees were laughing a lot, and I remember one elderly Asian man who spoke very little English who would have been lost but for the assistance that the employees gave.

Maybe Atlanta is an exception or maybe they're used to having a wide variety of immigrants pass through, but I'd give them high marks for doing what has to be a boring/repetitive task day in and day out.

I'm sorry to hear of the bad experience, but I gotta tell 'ya, the biometrice folks at the ASC in Atlanta were top notch.  The guards at the entrance were friendly but strict - people listened and obeyed.  The input officers were fast and orderly, and one picture/fingerprint taker was a real hoot, making fun of the "movie star" shots she had to take. The appointees were laughing a lot, and I remember one elderly Asian man who spoke very little English who would have been lost but for the assistance that the employees gave.

Maybe Atlanta is an exception or maybe they're used to having a wide variety of immigrants pass through, but I'd give them high marks for doing what has to be a boring/repetitive task day in and day out.

228711[/snapback]

Thank you Frank. Now I'm sorry I posted this nonsense.

I'm sorry to hear of the bad experience, but I gotta tell 'ya, the biometrice folks at the ASC in Atlanta were top notch.  The guards at the entrance were friendly but strict - people listened and obeyed.  The input officers were fast and orderly, and one picture/fingerprint taker was a real hoot, making fun of the "movie star" shots she had to take. The appointees were laughing a lot, and I remember one elderly Asian man who spoke very little English who would have been lost but for the assistance that the employees gave.

228711[/snapback]

228712[/snapback]

Don't be sorry man. Maybe someone from USCIS will read about the rude behavior.

228711[/snapback]

228712[/snapback]

Don't be sorry man. Maybe someone from USCIS will read about the rude behavior.

228717[/snapback]

But will they care?

I just returned from having my wife’s biometrics done and the people in this office were so rude. To think that these people represent the front of line of immigration to America is almost be on belief. A young man playing Mario Brothers continuously on the computer, making fun of Mexican’s diet and “old people just kill me.” I made the mistake of asking a question. I feel like I need to take a shower from just going in the immigration office. I have never had any face to face meetings with an American immigration office and I certainly would never never never recommend to anyone friend or foe to venture into this barren landscape.

How in the world do people get jobs and keep jobs acting this way? If they were in the private sector they wouldn’t even be hired much less experience continuous employment.

My wife told me this is how Immigration in Guangzhou is run also. Employees tell people hurry here and hurry there. I have new found respect for all the wives and husband who actually go into these offices. The incredible audacity and God complex these people have just made me want to throw up.

Of course I kept my mouth shut. They have a service I need. I can remember encouraging others on CFL within the last month, “to give them what they want and try to smile doing it.” Do I ever apologize for being so lofty.

This is a great place to vent and be heard. My wife just came asked me for a kiss and said, “No angry.”

What a long strange trip of a journey I am on. I think I will go ride my bicycle and decide life is worth living in spite of American immigration.

We left with our papers stamped and entered into the computer.  :wacko:  :unsure:

228707[/snapback]

Sorry to hear of your bad experience with the Immigration people. When I was growing up in the 50s and 60s my Dad would tell me that I needed to get a good education and learn how to do things on my own. If not I would be of Relief (Old Great Depression saying) or I could get lucky and work for the Government.

We left with our papers stamped and entered into the computer.  :whip:  :violin4:

228707[/snapback]

Unfortunately, this is prevalent across all levels of civil service in the state and federal govt. It's because the employees have no incentive, or initiative, or need, to be better and nicer at serving the public. They will get paid whether they are nice or not. Their supervisors don't care because their bosses (directors and above) are mostly political appointees who abuse their positions as much as they can, i.e. sneaking out during a work day for golf, fishing, and 3 hour lunches, etc etc