Name Error on Visa appl.

USCIS has my fiancee's first name listed as a first and middle name in their system. I checked my original submission and I gave it to them as one name, but nevertheless they have it in their computers incorrectly. What can I do to get this corrected?

Thanks

USCIS has my fiancee's first name listed as a first and middle name in their system. I checked my original submission and I gave it to them as one name, but nevertheless they have it in their computers incorrectly.  What can I do to get this corrected?

Thanks

228620[/snapback]

Good luck with getting anything corrected with the USCIS. However, i doubt that this will cause any problems with your visa.

Guest pushbrk
USCIS has my fiancee's first name listed as a first and middle name in their system. I checked my original submission and I gave it to them as one name, but nevertheless they have it in their computers incorrectly.  What can I do to get this corrected?

Thanks

228620[/snapback]

Good luck with getting anything corrected with the USCIS. However, i doubt that this will cause any problems with your visa.

228629[/snapback]

You might find that NVC will turn around and get it right in the DOS system. You will have better luck getting it changed with them but I would go ahead and try with USCIS.

When you return the RFE, include in the cover letter [an attempt] to point out the mistake and provide the correction.

You might want to include a copy of the filed petition, particularly if you put "NONE" in the middle name.

I've heard of a few times that USCIS/DOS set the names as they see fit, but if one has put "NONE" it seems there is little room for them to do so.

Let us know when the correct really occurs (if any).. would be good info.

I just posted the same basic problem about my step-daughter. Through the whole process her name was right. When they put the visa in her passport they seperated her first name into a first and middle. I guess spliting them up in china is no big deal. But our highly intelligent highly trained officials cant figure it out. Now her daughter wont get a SSN for 6-8 weeks they say.

Ahh gotta ove our governemnt!