Ok DOS tells me that there are 28 other woman with the exact same name as my fiance also waiting on name checks. I would assume that is 28 woman out of probably several million with the same name in china.

I don't think they all have the same father and mother name. I don't think the have the same birth date. I would think the police certificate would answer any questions the name check division would have. Why not have her come down for a finger print check? WHY CAN'T OUR GOV DO A BETTER JOB?

I just don't understand why some name checks take so long. In this day and age of advanced technology, I would think this could be done quicker. Maybe they use snail mail to do name checks?

I used to be excited. Then I became impatient. Now I have become angry and hateful at this entire system and I have quite a few other words I would like to use but I'm trying to keep this clean.

Oh well. The sooner I go to sleep, the sooner morning comes so I can call DOS again. Weekends totally suck. :cheering:

p.s. GUZ if your reading this like I hope you are. I will be in China to see my fiance mid Sept. hint hint hint :cheering:

:cheering: Having written data bases, I know a data base is only as good as the information it is able to obtain. I feel quite certain, the US Government's data base is not prepared to handle so many multiple last names. My SO's last name is also "Li" and we are waiting in line with you. Hang in there my friend. We shall overcome!!!
:cheering: Having written data bases, I know a data base is only as good as the information it is able to obtain. I feel quite certain, the US Government's data base is not prepared to handle so many multiple last names. My SO's last name is also "Li" and we are waiting in line with you. Hang in there my friend. We shall overcome!!!

226978[/snapback]

thanks for the reply. Actually my fiance's 1st name is Li. Her 1st and last name is the exact match for many others.

I did a search on Google and found that Chinese last names are very common, however the first name in most cases is not common. I think your SO's first and last name being common is rare.

Hang in there bro, you'll get your interview soon.

Guest pushbrk
I did a search on Google and found that Chinese last names are very common, however the first name in most cases is not common. I think your SO's first and last name being common is rare.

227041[/snapback]

Sometimes our communications about names here get confused.

For instance, in the name Li Hua, although Li appears first, it is the family name or equates to what we think of as the last name.

Li is a very common family name in China.

227041[/snapback]

Thx stacato for the kind words.

We will both survive this process one way or another. :clapping:

227041[/snapback]

Sometimes our communications about names here get confused.

For instance, in the name Li Hua, although Li appears first, it is the family name or equates to what we think of as the last name.

Li is a very common family name in China.

227050[/snapback]

my Li's name is her given name not her family name. I did a search on google and found many men with the exact same 1st and last name. :clapping: