Grandmothers Visa Denied

My Wife's grandmother visa was denied a week ago. We are trying to get intouch with a VO as to way the visa was denied but it is impossible to talk to someone. I do know that my wife's grandmother does not have property and a savings but we tried to make a counter argument on that for many reasons. Can anyone help me?

From a statistical perspective, parents are much more likely to get a visa than other family members. And only a 20-50% chance for them. Ties to ensure a return to China are the big issue, but we hear very little feedback as to why someone was rejected. Good luck.

I once met a retired consul general who had just returned from Chengdu. I asked him why so many of these tourist visas are denied and cited an instance of someone I knew who wanted their elderly mother to come visit. In this case the woman was leaving her husband behind in China and coming alone. They had other children in China as well as a home and enough pension to live on. He told me "little old ladies are a huge problem for them. They come to the US and don't want to go back. They then become a burden on the system collecting welfare and medicare benifits." I felt like telling him I thought it was all BS that they know where she will be and if she overstayed her visa they could just come get her but he was a customer in my store so I had to maintain some decorum.

Past efforts show that multiple attempts often pay off. Apply again and see if you can stress some more reasons why she would return to China.

My wife is insisting that a phone call will fix the problem because on 001 many woman are posting that if they are direct and firm that a VO will speak to you. I am about ready to send a letter to congressman but I am not sure all of this work is worth it. Although my wife thinks otherwise :(

Both Nicola's grandparents passed their interview after their third attempt. If you are there during the interview then it helps to bring your passport inside with them. Also, try to make a frontpage that links all your documents together. She doesn't have assets or money but it is only one of several reasons why she would return. List every single family memeber that she is leaving behind and will go back to. List her job salary (Nicola's grandparents made $80 or $100 a month but because they had a job and will want to come back for their job it helped). Finally, Try try try try try. I gave the same evidence each time and the third time helped but I was there and they gave my passport to the V.O. Good luck

Both Nicola's grandparents passed their interview after their third attempt.  If you are there during the interview then it helps to bring your passport inside with them.  Also, try to make a frontpage that links all your documents together.  She doesn't have assets or money but it is only one of several reasons why she would return.  List every single family memeber that she is leaving behind and will go back to. List her job salary (Nicola's grandparents made $80 or $100 a month but because they had a job and will want to come back for their job it helped).  Finally, Try try try try try.  I gave the same evidence each time and the third time helped but I was there and they gave my passport to the V.O.  Good luck

226314[/snapback]

This is good advice, however my wife's grandmother does not have a job. So she does not have a house, a job or retirement savings....kinda puts me behind the 8-ball :rolleyes: