petition expiration

I just sent this message to Guangzhou we will see what response I get from them. I hope it is favorable as it is my understanding the extention is suppose to be automatic.

Beneficiary Visa Category(optional): K3

Subject: Other

Message Text (optional): Dear Sirs, I have filed an I-129f petition, for K3 visa, for my wife. We understand that she is eligible for interview and we await the receipt of P4 to her. The validity of the I-129f approval from the NVC expired on June 15,2006, before my wife had an opportunity to interview for her visa. I understand that the consulate in Guangzhou can automatically extend the validity knowing that the process usually takes longer than 4 months, in China, for an additional 4 month period. Can you tell me if our petition has ben stamped as extended and what that date is? If it has not been stamped as extended what process must we take to have that done? Thank You (My Name)

The reason I started this post was because of what has happened to Christer......... http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18654

It would appear that we have no way of being sure that GUZ will automatically revalidate the petition.

224787[/snapback]

Hopefully, it is an isolated case. 4 months is not long enough. If all petitioners have to email GZ for extension, then the GZ email system will be clogged. :(

Frank, did you actually get the requested verification that GUZ did indeed revalidate the petition before the actual interview?

224769[/snapback]

I went back and checked my e-mail files. While I saw my inquiry, I did not see a response from the consulate. :P But, since Jingwen got her visa, I can now safely assume it was revalidated. :P Personally, I don't think revalidation should be a problem unless the process really gets sidetracked. Also, remember even an expired petition can be revalidated by the consulate.

The reason I started this post was because of what has happened to Christer......... http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18654

It would appear that we have no way of being sure that GUZ will automatically revalidate the petition.

224787[/snapback]

The consulate does it as a matter of necessity... multiple times in some cases of extreme delays...

Christer's issue is distrubing, since the expiration occurred under the watch of a requested 'review'...

I could swear I've read somewhere about this not supposed to happen, but maybe it was in a dream one night... :huh:

I just sent this message to Guangzhou we will see what response I get from them. I hope it is favorable as it is my understanding the extention is suppose to be automatic.

Beneficiary Visa Category(optional):  K3 

Subject:  Other

Message Text (optional):  Dear Sirs, I have filed an I-129f petition, for K3 visa, for my wife. We understand that she is eligible for interview and we await the receipt of P4 to her. The validity of the I-129f approval from the NVC expired on June 15,2006, before my wife had an opportunity to interview for her visa. I understand that the consulate in Guangzhou can automatically extend the validity knowing that the process usually takes longer than 4 months, in China, for an additional 4 month period. Can you tell me if our petition has ben stamped as extended and what that date is? If it has not been stamped as extended what process must we take to have that done? Thank You (My Name)

224777[/snapback]

Reply from GUZ regarding my question!!!!!!!!!!

Please be advised that we have received your wife and daughter's DS-230 and

OF-169. They are now in the line of waiting for being interviewed.

According to our current arrangement, we estimate that they are most likely

to be scheduled between August and September, 2006. An appointment packet

(Packet 4) will be sent to your wife two to four weeks ahead of her actual

interview date.

Best regards,

To begin with this has nothing to do with the question I asked regarding automatic extension of approved I-129f. Secondly my wife's daughter is not traveling to the USA with her. Do they mix things up or only assume. Is this an answer for me or for someone else? Who knows but at least it gave me some kind of information to read. How much time is there between August and September, if you read the message as written.

Beneficiary Visa Category(optional):  K3 

Subject:  Other

Message Text (optional):  Dear Sirs, I have filed an I-129f petition, for K3 visa, for my wife. We understand that she is eligible for interview and we await the receipt of P4 to her. The validity of the I-129f approval from the NVC expired on June 15,2006, before my wife had an opportunity to interview for her visa. I understand that the consulate in Guangzhou can automatically extend the validity knowing that the process usually takes longer than 4 months, in China, for an additional 4 month period. Can you tell me if our petition has ben stamped as extended and what that date is? If it has not been stamped as extended what process must we take to have that done? Thank You (My Name)

224777[/snapback]

Reply from GUZ regarding my question!!!!!!!!!!

Please be advised that we have received your wife and daughter's DS-230 and

OF-169. They are now in the line of waiting for being interviewed.

According to our current arrangement, we estimate that they are most likely

to be scheduled between August and September, 2006. An appointment packet

(Packet 4) will be sent to your wife two to four weeks ahead of her actual

interview date.

Best regards,

To begin with this has nothing to do with the question I asked regarding automatic extension of approved I-129f. Secondly my wife's daughter is not traveling to the USA with her. Do they mix things up or only assume. Is this an answer for me or for someone else? Who knows but at least it gave me some kind of information to read. How much time is there between August and September, if you read the message as written.

225152[/snapback]

I got this reply from GUZ this morning:

Thank you for your inquiry!

Please be assured that there is no need to worry about your petition

expiration date; the consular officer will extend the petition validity for

four more months once your visa is ready to be issued.