petition expiration

Ok I've seen some discussion about the possibility that the I-129F could expire.

We are at 7 months now since our petition was approved. Is there anything I need to do to make sure that it doesn't expire? Do I need to put this question to the GUZ speaks forum?

Guest pushbrk
Ok I've seen some discussion about the possibility that the I-129F could expire.

We are at 7 months now since our petition was approved.  Is there anything I need to do to make sure that it doesn't expire?  Do I need to put this question to the GUZ speaks forum?

224718[/snapback]

USCONGUZ answered this question yesterday.

We are at 7 months now since our petition was approved.  Is there anything I need to do to make sure that it doesn't expire?  Do I need to put this question to the GUZ speaks forum?

224718[/snapback]

224721[/snapback]

If your talking about this answer by GUZ,

Today, 08:36 AM Post #2

Group: GUZ

Member No.: 2121

If a consular officer decides to issue a K visa, all that is required to extend the validity of the I-129 petition is the signature of the consular officer. There is a stamp we use that notes the date the petition was extended, the date the extension ends, and which has a space for the officer to sign. The stamp and signature are placed on the front of the I-129. The extension normally lasts 6 months.

This post has been edited by USCONGUZ: Today, 08:36 AM

How is this answering my question? "If a consular officer decides to issue a K visa then it would be stamped for extension". No one has decided to issue us a k visa so how can the petition be extended?

Guest pushbrk

We are at 7 months now since our petition was approved.?Is there anything I need to do to make sure that it doesn't expire??Do I need to put this question to the GUZ speaks forum?

224718[/snapback]

224721[/snapback]

If a consular officer decides to issue a K visa, all that is required to extend the validity of the I-129 petition is the signature of the consular officer. There is a stamp we use that notes the date the petition was extended, the date the extension ends, and which has a space for the officer to sign. The stamp and signature are placed on the front of the I-129. The extension normally lasts 6 months.

How is this answering my question? "If a consular officer decides to issue a K visa then it would be stamped for extension". No one has decided to issue us a k visa so how can the petition be extended?

224726[/snapback]

Consular officers know it takes more than four months from approval to interview, so unless they are not going to grant the visa, they extend the petition automatically. If they didn't do this, nobody from China would ever get a K1 visa.

We are at 7 months now since our petition was approved.?Is there anything I need to do to make sure that it doesn't expire??Do I need to put this question to the GUZ speaks forum?

224718[/snapback]

224721[/snapback]

224726[/snapback]

Consular officers know it takes more than four months from approval to interview, so unless they are not going to grant the visa, they extend the petition automatically. If they didn't do this, nobody from China would ever get a K1 visa.

224729[/snapback]

ok thx much!

Here is a quote direct from the GZ consulate website:

What if my petition expires?

Consular officers have the authority to extend the validity of petitions that have expired. Because many petitions often expire before an applicant can be interviewed, officers at the Consulate routinely extend the validity of K-1 petitions.

I used the expiration of Jingwen's I-129F petition as another reason for maintaining contact with the consulate. Although I know from reading the consulate's website ( http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/kvfaq.html ) that it would revalidate the petition, I requested verification for two reasons. First, it gave me confirmation that the petition was revalidated and second, it allowed me to continue to show interest in the process.

In case your interested, here's the regulation that gives the consulate the authority to revalidate the petition: http://www.uscis.gov/lpBin/lpext.dll/inser...lb-8cfrsec2142k

"Consular officers have the authority to extend the validity of petitions that have expired. Because many petitions often expire before an applicant can be interviewed, officers at the Consulate routinely extend the validity of K-1 petitions."

Ok here is another question.

We had the interview, and I guess the petiton was extended. Yanlan did not pass the interview. What is going to happen with ours? *It's going on 2 months since the interview.* :D :P

"Consular officers have the authority to extend the validity of petitions that have expired. Because many petitions often expire before an applicant can be interviewed, officers at the Consulate routinely extend the validity of K-1 petitions."

We had the interview, and I guess the petiton was extended. Yanlan did not pass the interview. What is going to happen with ours? *It's going on 2 months since the interview.*  :D  :P

224765[/snapback]

Rick I just emailed GUZ to ask if it will automatically be revalidated or what the procedure is. Since you already had the interview, I don't know what is suppose to happen next.

I used the expiration of Jingwen's I-129F petition as another reason for maintaining contact with the consulate.  Although I know from reading the consulate's website ( http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/kvfaq.html ) that it would revalidate the petition, I requested verification for two reasons.  First, it gave me confirmation that the petition was revalidated and second, it allowed me to continue to show interest in the process.

In case your interested, here's the regulation that gives the consulate the authority to revalidate the petition:  http://www.uscis.gov/lpBin/lpext.dll/inser...lb-8cfrsec2142k

224762[/snapback]

Frank, did you actually get the requested verification that GUZ did indeed revalidate the petition before the actual interview?

Just curious, as this would be an excellent way to stay on top of things ahead of time for everyone else still in the pre-interview/post 4 month validity process.

It would be great to have an official communication from GUZ stating that they indeed revalidated the petition, and have this on hand before the interview. This would add another valuable document to the kitchen sink, and give some peace of mind at the same time too.

We had the interview, and I guess the petiton was extended. Yanlan did not pass the interview. What is going to happen with ours? *It's going on 2 months since the interview.*  :angry:  :angry:

224765[/snapback]

Rick I just emailed GUZ to ask if it will automatically be revalidated or what the procedure is. Since you already had the interview, I don't know what is suppose to happen next.

224766[/snapback]

Trust me I am in the dark!!!! I am worried that we will get kicked back to the US. If so, it is certain death for us. Our love is still there, all the way, but we are both completly broke. :( :(

Edited by rlheim (see edit history)

We had the interview, and I guess the petiton was extended. Yanlan did not pass the interview. What is going to happen with ours? *It's going on 2 months since the interview.*?:angry:?:angry:

224765[/snapback]

224766[/snapback]

Trust me I am in the dark!!!! I am worried that we will get kicked back to the US. If so, it is certain death for us. Our love is still there, all the way, but we are both completly broke. :( :(

224770[/snapback]

Sorry to hear that rick. It's pathetic that those that have the ability to decide who we spend our life with, are paid by the tax payers. What right does anyone have to tell me who I can fall in love with and who I decide to grow old with? Freaken unbelievable.

We had the interview, and I guess the petiton was extended. Yanlan did not pass the interview. What is going to happen with ours? *It's going on 2 months since the interview.*?:angry:?:angry:

224765[/snapback]

224766[/snapback]

224770[/snapback]

Sorry to hear that rick. It's pathetic that those that have the ability to decide who we spend our life with, are paid by the tax payers. What right does anyone have to tell me who I can fall in love with and who I decide to grow old with? Freaken unbelievable.

224772[/snapback]

SH^# happens. You just have to have enough money to roll over it. After the extra 2 weeks that Guz had us stay there, all the extra expenses, it killed us.

I hope our application does not expire, or is not kicked out for being too old.