RFE's and 129f for K3

Guest pushbrk
Do you think this new rule is going to affect 129f for a spouse ?

224417[/snapback]

It would appear so but we cannot be certain yet. The new form requires K3 petitioners to answer the same questions. Until the RFE's come out, we can't be sure whether the K3's will get them.

We only have a couple data points available for post March 5, K3 petitions approved. Even those could get RFE's or even be returned from Consulates to NVC.

http://usaimmigrationattorney.com/nucleus/index.php?itemid=2

Some highlights of the new law:

1. NEW PETITION FORMS: New I-129F Fiancee and K-3 Spousal Visa petitions will require that the petitioner provide information on his criminal convictions for specified crimes, including violent offenses, domestic abuse and sexual assualt.(Interestingly, it would appear that the Petition I-130 Petition for the CR-1 legal resident visa for spouse seems to be unaffected.)

http://usaimmigrationattorney.com/nucleus/index.php?itemid=2

Some highlights of the new law:

1. NEW PETITION FORMS: New I-129F Fiancee and K-3 Spousal Visa petitions will require that the petitioner provide information on his criminal convictions for specified crimes, including violent offenses, domestic abuse and sexual assualt.(Interestingly, it would appear that the Petition I-130 Petition for the CR-1 legal resident visa for spouse seems to be unaffected.)

224427[/snapback]

Well for one thing with the I-130 you are already married. Perhaps the USCIS thinks this new law will prevent abusive relationships from getting to the marriage stage in the first place.

224417[/snapback]

It would appear so but we cannot be certain yet. The new form requires K3 petitioners to answer the same questions. Until the RFE's come out, we can't be sure whether the K3's will get them.

We only have a couple data points available for post March 5, K3 petitions approved. Even those could get RFE's or even be returned from Consulates to NVC.

224419[/snapback]

See also http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=223954

K-3 is already married too.

IMBRA may affect them only because it is the same form?

224509[/snapback]

It affects K3 because the law says so, and so does the form.. whether it is enforced with RFEs is a different issue... or what am I missing in your thought (as well as every other one today :angry: )

224417[/snapback]

Here is a copy and paste of an e-mail I sent to my lawyer today and his response:

Mr ?????,

With the new IMBRA law in affect now do you think the consulates will

take advantage of the expiration of the I-129 F 4 month period to cause

reapplication instead of automatically extending the time? Ours expires

today the 15th.

Mike

response:

So far there has been no indication of IMBRA affecting I-129F (K-3)

petitions filed prior to March 6, 2006.

Best regards,

Edited by Lowen/Zhang (see edit history)
So far there has been no indication of IMBRA affecting I-129F (K-3)

petitions filed prior to March 6, 2006. 

Best regards,

224525[/snapback]

He's not really telling you anything here...

the law says that only those ON/AFTER March 6 are affected... We know that nothing BEFORE should be affected... He was probably trying to re-assure you of your case...

I think he missed the point of your question...

Guest pushbrk
Yes I kind of thought so too. That is why I sent again the part about the automatic extention, a bit ago.

224529[/snapback]

Your lawyer may wish to limit his advice to YOUR case. Since your case is not affected by the law, he may be reluctant to answer your question directly.