Guest pushbrk
My wife's P3 didn't have DS-156 and DS-157 forms. They come with P4. You need to take two copies for each form for the interview. On the website of  US Embassy in Beijing, you can download the combined English and Chinese version of DS-157.

I have a question: the VO didn't ask my wife for the filled DS-230 II...why? They don't need the DS-230 II for K3 or K1?

223816[/snapback]

For K3, the DS 230 part 1 is returned to GUZ along with the OF 169 at P3 time. The VO already has it in the file. Part 2 is signed in the presense of the VO.

For K3, the DS 230 part 1 is returned to GUZ along with the OF 169 at P3 time.  The VO already has it in the file.  Part 2 is signed in the presense of the VO.

223819[/snapback]

I am so sure about this. I didn't think Part II of the DS-230 was used for K visas, K-1 or K-3.
Guest pushbrk
For K3, the DS 230 part 1 is returned to GUZ along with the OF 169 at P3 time.  The VO already has it in the file.  Part 2 is signed in the presense of the VO.

223819[/snapback]

I am so sure about this. I didn't think Part II of the DS-230 was used for K visas, K-1 or K-3.

223822[/snapback]

Yes, well it may only be used for the CR1. Part I is already in the VO's file.

The VO didn't ask my wife for DS-230II at all, not mention to sign it before the VO. That really puzzles me...

223820[/snapback]

I did not double check this morning, waiting for my SO on YIM, but I thought for those of us pursuing K visas, we will not meet DS-230, Part II until the AOS process. I don't think they need Part II for non-immigrant status, only when we move on to the higher level.

Guest ShaQuaNew
The VO didn't ask my wife for DS-230II at all, not mention to sign it before the VO. That really puzzles me...

223820[/snapback]

I did not double check this morning, waiting for my SO on YIM, but I thought for those of us pursuing K visas, we will not meet DS-230, Part II until the AOS process. I don't think they need Part II for non-immigrant status, only when we move on to the higher level.

223824[/snapback]

That's correct. For K1, DS-230 part one, which is only the first two pages of a four-page document is required.

Can anyone tell me in what packet the Chinese version of forms DS-156 and DS-157 that have to be taken to the interview? Are they sent in Packet 3 or 4?

223764[/snapback]

Not sure if this helps but as of 3 weeks ago

this is all that came with P3.................

I-167 & DS-230........

Had some other pages with P3 more or less

saying support, medical and all other forms

will come in P4..Be happy to scan them in

and send email or something if someone

wants them..Theres several of them..

And was only about 3 weeks ago..

Maybe 15 pages, something like that.

Can anyone tell me in what packet the Chinese version of forms DS-156 and DS-157 that have to be taken to the interview? Are they sent in Packet 3 or 4?

223764[/snapback]

Not sure if this helps but as of 3 weeks ago

this is all that came with P3.................

I-167 & DS-230........

Had some other pages with P3 more or less

saying support, medical and all other forms

will come in P4..Be happy to scan them in

and send email or something if someone

wants them..Theres several of them..

And was only about 3 weeks ago..

Maybe 15 pages, something like that.

223881[/snapback]

Sorry.............

This is for K3

No idea if different for K1