Guest pushbrk
Can anyone tell me in what packet the Chinese version of forms DS-156 and DS-157 that have to be taken to the interview? Are they sent in Packet 3 or 4?

223764[/snapback]

The K3 visa uses the DS-230 instead. It comes in P3 so you've already sent it in.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

My attorney tells me there is suppose to be Chinese version of the DS-156 and DS 157 filled out in duplicate to be taken to the interview. My wife is suppose to fill the forms out in Chinese characters in duplicate and submit with the English forms. He said they are to be in packet 3. I am just trying to find out because I can't find out from my wife what was in packet 3 other than what I sent to her to return. She is out right now and I am working on documentation she needs for the interview

My attorney tells me there is suppose to be Chinese version of the DS-156 and DS 157 filled out in duplicate to be taken to the interview. My wife is suppose to fill the forms out in Chinese characters in duplicate and submit with the English forms. He said they are to be in packet 3. I am just trying to find out because I can't find out from my wife what was in packet 3 other than what I sent to her to return. She is out right now and I am working on documentation she needs for the interview

223767[/snapback]

Those forms are sent in P-3 to be brought to the interview. You can download these forms at http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/vi...ation_form.html

Here is the list of what is included in the P-3 packet for the K-3.

Life Act Visas FAQ's

Also, notice that she will need 4 passport size photos for the DS-156 AND I believe the medical exam requires 2 photos.

The DS-230 does NOT replace the need for the DS-156 & DS-157 forms.

Thanks Lee. The forms DS-156 on the site say they expire on 8/31/04 will these still work if she doesn't have the forms? I can only assume that she has them. I am going to have her show me what she has from packet 3 in the morning. I know she already sent the OF-167 and DS-230 in and received by Guangzhou.

a small correction to Lee's post.. that link is for P4 documents.. that is when you will get the forms in question.

see as your coming up around the last bend.. you should check out the FAQs, particularly the P4 and Interview FAQ...

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11293

223771[/snapback]

According to GZ's website that is the P-3 list including the DS-230. It appears to be a combination of the items for P3 & P4 that we see with the K1.

Guest pushbrk
a small correction to Lee's post.. that link is for P4 documents.. that is when you will get the forms in question.

see as your coming up around the last bend.. you should check out the FAQs, particularly the P4 and Interview FAQ...

223771[/snapback]

According to GZ's website that is the P-3 list including the DS-230. It appears to be a combination of the items for P3 & P4 that we see with the K1.

223776[/snapback]

I have a copy of the K3 P3 in my hot little hand. The only thing it asks to have sent back is the OF169 and the DS 230. Since the DS 230 is an immigrant visa application, I can't imagine you also need a DS 156, which is a non-immigrant visa application. If you do need both, then they are NOT in the P3.

223771[/snapback]

223776[/snapback]

I have a copy of the K3 P3 in my hot little hand. The only thing it asks to have sent back is the OF169 and the DS 230. Since the DS 230 is an immigrant visa application, I can't imagine you also need a DS 156, which is a non-immigrant visa application. If you do need both, then they are NOT in the P3.

223777[/snapback]

Try getting the medical packet assembled without it.

Guest pushbrk

223771[/snapback]

223776[/snapback]

223777[/snapback]

223779[/snapback]

The P4 comes before the medical packet is assembled. Are you saying the K3 visa applicant fills out both a DS 230 with the P3 and later a DS 156 and 157 that come in the P4? If so, so be it. All I'm saying is they don't come in the K3 P3.

If you have some definitive clarifying information that applies to K3, please provide it.

223771[/snapback]

223776[/snapback]

223777[/snapback]

223779[/snapback]

The P4 comes before the medical packet is assembled. Are you saying the K3 visa applicant fills out both a DS 230 with the P3 and later a DS 156 and 157 that come in the P4? If so, so be it. All I'm saying is they don't come in the K3 P3.

If you have some definitive clarifying information that applies to K3, please provide it.

223791[/snapback]

The link from GZ says it is included, now they may send it with P4 just like they do with the K-1, but their web site shows it all as one packet.

The K visa's are non-immigrant visas so the forms are required for the medical checklist for all K visas. I just don't have time to scan the page before I leave for China to prove it.

A letter, from my attorney, explaining the process after we filed the I-129F says; the Chinese version of forms DS 156 and 157 will be included in packet 3 information and that my wife must fill the Chinese versions in with exact answers that are on the English version. They do not get sent anywhere but taken to the interview submitted and signed in front of the VO at the interview. The web site also says it is included in P3, I am just trying to find out what packet for sure they are sent in.

At the medical exam do they look for completeness of documents or just stick things together in order?

Edited by Lowen/Zhang (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk

223771[/snapback]

223776[/snapback]

223777[/snapback]

223779[/snapback]

223791[/snapback]

The link from GZ says it is included, now they may send it with P4 just like they do with the K-1, but their web site shows it all as one packet.

The K visa's are non-immigrant visas so the forms are required for the medical checklist for all K visas. I just don't have time to scan the page before I leave for China to prove it.

223797[/snapback]

The question asked and the only one I'm answering is whether the forms are in the P3. They were not in the K3 P3 packet my wife received three weeks ago. If they are carried to Guangzhou and placed in the medical envelope then it makes sense they come in P4.

We have a couple recent K3 interviews. Maybe they'll shed some light soon.

My wife's P3 didn't have DS-156 and DS-157 forms. They come with P4. You need to take two copies for each form for the interview. On the website of US Embassy in Beijing, you can download the combined English and Chinese version of DS-157.

I have a question: the VO didn't ask my wife for the filled DS-230 II...why? They don't need the DS-230 II for K3 or K1?