Well she is here!

Going on a week and a hlf now and things are being thrown out faster then I can keep track of!  It is great.  Bought new beds for us and our daughter and just order the bedroom set, for daughter.  She is ready for her license so she can get out of the house during the day! 

The only bad news is my worthless POS employer wont let me put her on my insurance because i didnt add her when we got married.  Cigna says it is my employer's policy not there.  The HR director at your company deciedes that.  When I called Monday to get inmformation on how to add my family, she (HRM) basically laughed and said without SSn we can to do anything.  I tole her I can get her case or alien number and was told that wouldnt work.  She calls me back Thurs to ask when we marry, then was told you had to add her then.  That was the life changing event.  Um, you told me you needed a SSn and cant get that til they get here.  Oh we could have used her case number.  Changing stories here.  Some HRM we have here, eh? 

OK so you are tell me I had to pay $500 a month for the last 16 months on someone who couldnt even use the insurance? 

I dont think me calling the HR manager worthless helped my cause any.

Any one know any good deals on Health Insurance.  Thinking of trying the Farm Bureau.

223235[/snapback]

Another good idea is to contact your State Insurance Commissioner. Insurance companies do not like inquiries to the Commissioner and that could result in some action one way or the other. Especially if they have been charging premium for someone they deny coverage for.....

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)

You need to get them on your policy immediately. I bought one of those traveler insurance policies and when I submitted the bill they refused to pay once they were here. They stated once they are here they are not intending to return and the company refused coverage. A major medical emergency could wipe you out. Make sure you get it straightened out with CIGNA now.

My wife was put on my policy 1/1/06 after marrying in 9/05. However, we changed HRM contractors on 1/1 so it was all graced. No SSN was needed, and she wasn't coming until whenever at that point. All they have on her is her name and a copy of our marriage certificate.

I agree that you may want to look at going over the HR person's head. Keep in mind the HR person can wreck your life though, so do it with a positive point of view. Maybe something like how this is a hardship, so maybe the boss could help you in this one instance... Don't say anything ill about the HR person.

Well, my immediate boss came to me today and told me that the paperwork to add my family was sent out to me through inter office mail. She made some excuse about not knowing blah blah. Anyway it seems to have been taken care of. Thanks for the replies and ideas.

My wife wants a job now so we dont have to pay so much insurance.