after name check&before the interview scheduled

I am just curious.

after the name check is completed, it seems that it still take a month or two months to get the fourth package and the interview date.

why does GUZ consulate need so much time to send out the packages and schedule the interview dates?

what do GUZ consulate do with the cases during these time?

are they reviewing the cases and do more background or name checking ?

Thanks

March

I really think it is just too much work for too few people. I beleive USCONGUZ in the "GUZ speaks" forum has commented about how applications have doubled in the past year or two, while staffing remains the same.

I really think it is just a matter of having way too much to do and way too few people to do it.

I really think it is just too much work for too few people. I beleive USCONGUZ in the "GUZ speaks" forum has commented about how applications have doubled in the past year or two, while staffing remains the same.

I really think it is just a matter of having way too much to do and way too few people to do it.

223137[/snapback]

If they can realize the problem becuase of 'too much work for too few people', i was wondering why not add more resource accordingly :roller:

223137[/snapback]

If they can realize the problem becuase of 'too much work for too few people', i was wondering why not add more resource accordingly :roller:

223253[/snapback]

Are you seriously suggesting our government should use logic in an attempt to solve a problem?

once the petition leaves NVC and gets to GZ it sits in the DHL warehouse for about 5 weeks. USCONGUZ says it takes that long to clear customs. Once it is picked up they enter it into the computer then send out P-3. After they receive the P-3 back it is a matter of making sure all security checks are done and waiting for an availabe interview slot.

Guest pushbrk
once the petition leaves NVC and gets to GZ it sits in the DHL warehouse for about 5 weeks. USCONGUZ says it takes that long to clear customs.  Once it is picked up they enter it into the computer then send out P-3.  After they receive the P-3 back it is a matter of making sure all security checks are done and waiting for an availabe interview slot.

223318[/snapback]

This is correct for K visas. March is the beneficiary in a CR1 filing. The only packet she will receive from GUZ is the P4. Her P3 was sent out from and returned to NVC before the case was shipped to GUZ.

Name Check's for CR1 cases are not begun until the physical file is on hand. USCONGUZ indicates the reason the name check is not begun until the file is received is that even though the computer file is on hand about the time the case leaves NVC, there are insufficient details in the CR1 electronic file, to initiate the name check.

There are at least two reasons for the greater time lag between name check complete and P4 mailing for CR1 cases. One is the excess workload. Another is that (according to USCONGUZ) K cases get the first shot at an interview date once eligible for interview.

Both the budget process and training process for hiring new Consular staff are quite cumbersome. Work load balancing between Consulates in various contries is also complicated by need for language skills. Learning Mandarin or Cantonese is not a simple or rapid process.

once the petition leaves NVC and gets to GZ it sits in the DHL warehouse for about 5 weeks. USCONGUZ says it takes that long to clear customs.  Once it is picked up they enter it into the computer then send out P-3.  After they receive the P-3 back it is a matter of making sure all security checks are done and waiting for an availabe interview slot.

223318[/snapback]

This is correct for K visas. March is the beneficiary in a CR1 filing. The only packet she will receive from GUZ is the P4. Her P3 was sent out from and returned to NVC before the case was shipped to GUZ.

Name Check's for CR1 cases are not begun until the physical file is on hand. USCONGUZ indicates the reason the name check is not begun until the file is received is that even though the computer file is on hand about the time the case leaves NVC, there are insufficient details in the CR1 electronic file, to initiate the name check.

There are at least two reasons for the greater time lag between name check complete and P4 mailing for CR1 cases. One is the excess workload. Another is that (according to USCONGUZ) K cases get the first shot at an interview date once eligible for interview.

Both the budget process and training process for hiring new Consular staff are quite cumbersome. Work load balancing between Consulates in various contries is also complicated by need for language skills. Learning Mandarin or Cantonese is not a simple or rapid process.

223339[/snapback]

I understand the priority given to a K3 petition. What I find hard to understand is why the K1s are given priority over CR1's?. It would only make sense that a wife is a closer family member then a fiancee.

What I find hard to understand is why the K1s are given priority over CR1's?. It would only make sense that a wife is  a closer family member then a fiancee.

223340[/snapback]

I wonder if this is one of the few times they are treating the K1 as it really is.. as an NIV... Although I'm not sure if NIVs are supposed to have a priority over IVs...