Biometrics Appointment

I received this from USCIS:

USCIS will schedule your biometrics appointment.  You will be receiving a biometrics appointment notice with a specific time, date and place where you will have your fingerprints and or photos taken.  You MUST wait for your biometrics appointment notice  prior to gong to the ASC for biometrics processing.  This I-7997 receipt notice is NOT your appointment notice.

What to bring to the biometrics appoointment

Please bring the biometrics appointment letter with specific time, date and place where you will have your fingerprints and or phot taken AND your photo identification

Acceptable kinds of photos are passport, drivers license .....

(Sorry for the typos, my mother was transcribing it and apparently had a jammed finger.)

Anyway, does USCIS know that I'm in China and not in the States? I have no intention of flying back to the States to get my damn fingerprints. Will my biometrics appointment be at Guangzhou? Anyone else have this going on?

Hi,there,

As for fingerprint, I really don't have any idea.

What I am curioused is since you are working in China, so i presume that you got work permit and resident visa of China. If you got those things, you can do your wife's visa through Direct Consulte Filing at Beijing, Chendu, Shengyang and GuangZhong. Which will save you a lots of time I mean you may let your wife get her visa in 4 or 5 months, and dealing all things inside of China instead of between China and USA. This is just my point, maybe this is not necesary for your case now.

Anyway it's just my idea.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by jinjin (see edit history)

I live in Guangzhou and yes, a direct consular filing was a potential option initially. But back then, a DCF would have required us to get married in China and with that added, it would have taken just as long as the Fiancee Visa filing in the States. Of course, then USCIS decided to change everything and drop us into a black hole of bureaucracy.

Now a DCF might be faster, but we're committed to the I-129F filing (since we've already filed it) and to getting married in the States (plans and what not).

Also, the consulate in Guangzhou is quite possibly the single worst mismanaged office in all of China, Chinese or foreign run, and their staff are about as helpful as rocks.

Guest pushbrk

USCIS will schedule your biometrics appointment.  You will be receiving a biometrics appointment notice with a specific time, date and place where you will have your fingerprints and or photos taken.  You MUST wait for your biometrics appointment notice  prior to gong to the ASC for biometrics processing.  This I-7997 receipt notice is NOT your appointment notice.

Please bring the biometrics appointment letter with specific time, date and place where you will have your fingerprints and or phot taken AND your photo identification

(Sorry for the typos, my mother was transcribing it and apparently had a jammed finger.)

Anyway, does USCIS know that I'm in China and not in the States? I have no intention of flying back to the States to get my damn fingerprints. Will my biometrics appointment be at Guangzhou? Anyone else have this going on?

222873[/snapback]

Since you are a K1 filed after March 5, 2006, this sounds like the breaking of new ground to me. I take it you received an earlier I-797 indicating receipt of your petition and this is a later notice.

Perhaps the biometrics is part of the new IMBRA requirements. One would need to carefully read the entire notice to know. You are probably the first CFL member to receive one of these.

222873[/snapback]

Since you are a K1 filed after March 5, 2006, this sounds like the breaking of new ground to me. I take it you received an earlier I-797 indicating receipt of your petition and this is a later notice.

Perhaps the biometrics is part of the new IMBRA requirements. One would need to carefully read the entire notice to know. You are probably the first CFL member to receive one of these.

222888[/snapback]

I am betting this is the beginning of IMBRA. Get his print, and then run an interpol / IAFIS check on him to see what his true identity is and if there is anything shady in his past.

Sounds like the process has changed... Wonder if this is means an NOA3? Wonder how long the gap between NOA and Biometric appt might be.

Would it benefit him to call DOS or NVC and remind them he is in China, OR, better yet, go to GUZ on ACH Friday and ask them what he needs to do? Maybe a friendly VO can help work the strings in the backoffice and get the biometric done without a $2000 flight... I think if I were in his shoes, I would be on my way to ACH next friday (since it is 212pm there now, and the doors are closed for this week)

Edited by mercator (see edit history)

222873[/snapback]

222888[/snapback]

I am betting this is the beginning of IMBRA. Get his print, and then run an interpol / IAFIS check on him to see what his true identity is and if there is anything shady in his past.

Sounds like the process has changed... Wonder if this is means an NOA3? Wonder how long the gap between NOA and Biometric appt might be.

Would it benefit him to call DOS or NVC and remind them he is in China, OR, better yet, go to GUZ on ACH Friday and ask them what he needs to do? Maybe a friendly VO can help work the strings in the backoffice and get the biometric done without a $2000 flight... I think if I were in his shoes, I would be on my way to ACH next friday (since it is 212pm there now, and the doors are closed for this week)

222891[/snapback]

WHY ARE THEY CLOSED THIS WEEK ??

This thread from VisaJourney suggests that the biometrics language is popping up on recent NOAs, even pre IMBRAhttp://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...topic=16262&hl=

222910[/snapback]

Adding Biometrics to the K-1 looks like a background check has been included in process prior to the approval. We will just need to see if those waiting for an RFE begin to receive Biometrics appointments as well. :blink:

Guest pushbrk
This thread from VisaJourney suggests that the biometrics language is popping up on recent NOAs, even pre IMBRAhttp://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...topic=16262&hl=

222910[/snapback]

Adding Biometrics to the K-1 looks like a background check has been included in process prior to the approval. We will just need to see if those waiting for an RFE begin to receive Biometrics appointments as well. :headbang:

222916[/snapback]

While this is also my preliminary conclusion based on the limited information provided, without a full in context quote it is difficult to know for certain. For instance, if the quote provided leaves out the preceding "if...." then we don't have the full context.

222910[/snapback]

Adding Biometrics to the K-1 looks like a background check has been included in process prior to the approval. We will just need to see if those waiting for an RFE begin to receive Biometrics appointments as well. :headbang:

222916[/snapback]

While this is also my preliminary conclusion based on the limited information provided, without a full in context quote it is difficult to know for certain. For instance, if the quote provided leaves out the preceding "if...." then we don't have the full context.

222931[/snapback]

to quote another posting from VJ:

"Do you having something like this?

If this is for an I-485, or I-698 application

USCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT. You will be receiving a biometrics appointment notice with specific time, date...

It is printed on my NOA1 too... this is nothing to do with IMBRA.

I suppose that is a general statement for I-485, or I-698 application.

I-485 and I-698 are both Adjustment of Status petitions.

So...no fingerprints for USC K1 Petitioners"

Guest pushbrk
This thread from VisaJourney suggests that the biometrics language is popping up on recent NOAs, even pre IMBRA.?http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...topic=16262&hl=

222910[/snapback]

222916[/snapback]

222931[/snapback]

to quote another posting from VJ:

"Do you having something like this?

If this is for an I-485, or I-698 application

USCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT. You will be receiving a biometrics appointment notice with specific time, date...

It is printed on my NOA1 too... this is nothing to do with IMBRA.

I suppose that is a general statement for I-485, or I-698 application.

I-485 and I-698 are both Adjustment of Status petitions.

So...no fingerprints for USC K1 Petitioners"

222932[/snapback]

Please tell us more. Where on the form do you see this? What is the date of the form? Is it NOA1 or NOA2? On what date did you file your petition?

It may just be they've cut down on paperwork and merged two pre-printed forms. I'm K3 and neither of my NOA's contains this language.