No Criminal Nortary

How many No Crimianl Nortary is enough? right now I got two copies.

Thanks very much!

Jinjin :)  :)

222846[/snapback]

Ni hao JinJin! Welcome to CFL!

you will need one for the interview, and you have one to keep for later, just in case! My wife bought three of everything, but you might be ok with only 2. I am not sure if it is needed for adjusting status when you come to the USA or not. We're K-3 so we'll have another interview for her green card, and I would rather have too many documents than too few.

Edited by mercator (see edit history)

We bought duplicate police reports and no-marriage certs, but got 5 of the birth certs. The birth certs are the only thing I can think of that would be needed for AOS/SS#.

Remember also that the no-marriage cert and police report is only good for one year from date of issue.

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
No - we got the SS number with just a passport and K-1 visa.

222955[/snapback]

Passports are generally accepted as substitutes for birth certificates because one must prove identity and birth information to obtain one. For other purposes, a copy or certified copy of a birth certificate is much more convenient to provide than a copy of a passport. Few wish to surrender or provide notarized copies of their passport.

I would try to have a birth cert anyway....when we went to our SS office in Denver......they asked to see a copy of it. They didnt keep it, just wanted to see it.

The social security application says "In general, we need to see your birth certificate. In some situations, we may accept another document that shows your age."

One of the other documents they list is a passport.

However, I would lean on the side of caution and have it anyway....you'll never know if you will need it in the future and if you dont have a copy.

And considering how difficult it would be to get one when here in the US, I didnt question getting copies of Jie's birth cert.

Thanks very much!

Jinjin :eyebrow:  :wub:

222846[/snapback]

After Physical Examination, the staff of the hospital will pack one copy of No Criminal Record with other certificates, completed forms. You bring this package to your visa interview.

You keep the other copy. In Guangzhou, they usually produce 3 copies for each certificate.

Guest YOu&Me

Thanks very much!

Jinjin :blink:  B)

222846[/snapback]

After Physical Examination, the staff of the hospital will pack one copy of No Criminal Record with other certificates, completed forms. You bring this package to your visa interview.

You keep the other copy. In Guangzhou, they usually produce 3 copies for each certificate.

223000[/snapback]

After you turn in no criminal record with i-129f/i-130 it expires right?..So have to do it again for VO day?..My wifes expired and that days soon, she has to have another one done.

After you turn in no criminal record with i-129f/i-130 it expires right?..So have to do it again for VO day?..My wifes expired and that days soon, she has to have another one done.

223009[/snapback]

I think so. It expires after 6 months.

Guest YOu&Me

223009[/snapback]

223014[/snapback]

Yup..thats what i though to

Guest pushbrk

223009[/snapback]

223014[/snapback]

Yup..thats what i though to

223016[/snapback]

The K instruction packet 3 indicates that police reports are valid for 1 year. Looking directly at it right now.

As I recall, USCONGUZ indicated they prefer they be within six months.