• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a draft of the new I-129F

I-129F Draft

222356[/snapback]

Here's a question I have about this if anyone knows:

When the draft is approved and they send out the new version of the I-129F, we complete it and send it back asap. Do we then start all over again, or, do they consider the three months or so that we have waited already? How does that work? :lol:

Guest ShaQuaNew

I-129F Draft

222356[/snapback]

When the draft is approved and they send out the new version of the I-129F, we complete it and send it back asap. Do we then start all over again, or, do they consider the three months or so that we have waited already? How does that work? :lol:

222382[/snapback]

Most likely everyone from the USCIS, to DOS, the NVC, and every consulate in between is employing the "wing-it" mode when it comes to this. Unfortunately the American citizen and their loved ones will be the victims to what will likely be long delays and litigation on this matter.

I-129F Draft

222356[/snapback]

When the draft is approved and they send out the new version of the I-129F, we complete it and send it back asap. Do we then start all over again, or, do they consider the three months or so that we have waited already? How does that work? :rolleyes:

222382[/snapback]

The expectation is that those who are already in the system will receive an RFE to provide the required information. There is nothing to give the impression you would need to start over, but the approval will not be available until they have collected the new information.

Petitions have been lining up since March 6, so hopefully they will process these in a first in first out basis, but no guarantee.

"IMBRA requires a petitioner to submit a criminal history to USCIS in connection with a petition for a fiance(e)."

What if you don't have a criminal history?

What do they mean when they say the form has been designated for e-filing?

Edited by RLS (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
"IMBRA requires a petitioner to submit a criminal history to USCIS in connection with a petition for a fiance(e)."

222462[/snapback]

What's your reference for drawing this conclusion, Ron?

222462[/snapback]

I would expect that there is a means of conducting a background check to show you have no record.

Some forms may be e-filed by filling them in and clicking on "submit", however, you may wish to mail everything in a single submission (assuming they mean the I-129F.

222462[/snapback]

What's your reference for drawing this conclusion, Ron?

222470[/snapback]

I was quoting part of Item #1 of the Supporting Statement. How would one go about getting a criminal history, or, in my case, a no criminal history? Also, and I know we talked about this in previous threads, what if we didn't use a "Marriage Broker?"

Edited by RLS (see edit history)