Help a 001 sister ask about how to fill her form

Her interview date at the middle of July, husband entered America illegitimately, then got Green card after an amnesty.

How to fill in the item about those questions "when and how the american petitioner enter US", and "the visa type"?

I am sorry cann't type it exactly since I cannot open the form as I just reinstalled system cann't open the PDF forms, and she didn't tell which form , seems it is £Ç£É£Ö£²£´.

Any suggestion will be very appreciated, and I will make sure about the form in my office tommorrow morning.

Yes, that is question 5 on the GIV-24.

She might put in that he is a naturalized Citizen and give the year and A#. I believe this is normally ask for Chinese citizens who will be joining family in the US.

222270[/snapback]

Thank you lee, I will tell her.

BTW, paula didn't get red slip today, casue the communist party, I still didn't get any detailed news about her, seems wilL overcome soon,said not a big deal.

Cross fingers for her!

If the individual is not a US citizen but is still a legal permanent resident, it may be that the individual got LPR status through one of the amnesty programs. If, for example, it might be that the individual obtained LPR status because of continuous residence since 1971. If so, it might be appropriate for such an individual to say: "Date entered the US - prior to 1972. Visa Type - Registry under section 249 of the INA."