GETTING CONGRESSMAN TO HELP

I ASK THE CONGRESSMAN IN MY AREA TO HELP WITH TRYING TO FIND ON ABOUT WHY ITS TAKING SO LONG TO GET THE SECOND INTERVIEW DATE, WE GOT A 221G O OUR FIRST INTERVIEW ANYONE BEEN THRU THIS PROCESS, WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT WAS NEEDED TO GET VISA FOR MY FUTURE FAMILY

I ASK THE CONGRESSMAN IN MY AREA TO HELP WITH TRYING TO FIND ON ABOUT WHY ITS TAKING SO LONG TO GET THE SECOND INTERVIEW DATE, WE GOT A 221G O OUR FIRST INTERVIEW  ANYONE BEEN THRU THIS PROCESS, WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT WAS NEEDED TO GET VISA FOR MY FUTURE FAMILY

222119[/snapback]

What does it ask for? You need to embellish some more. I haven’t been through it but…. You are in the “bring the kitchen sink” category.... generically speaking. Here are some good posts on it from others….

Having a bona fide relationship in your heart will likely not be enough in the face of a tough VO. So, mind your Ps and Qs, and compile your evidence while waiting. This evidence takes the form of:

1. A video of the two of you communicating (where there is weak or no common language).

2. Examples of emails and letters over the course of your relationship.

3. Telephone call records

4. Time dated photos depicting the two of you together

5. Passport copies showing visits

6. Boarding passes

My visa application was denied. Where, when and how do I submit additional required documents?

Applicants asked to submit additional materials for their immigrant visa will need to schedule an appointment. Please call the U.S. Visa Information Center at 4008-872-333 within China or 86-21-3881-4611 from other countries, from 7 A.M. to 7 P.M. (Monday - Friday) and 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. (Saturday) for an appointment. Applicants must provide: names in Chinese characters and pin yin, case number, ID card number, passport number, phone number, and date of birth. There is a charge to access the Visa Information Center. Prices are 54 RMB for 12 minutes or 36 RMB for 8 minutes. The Visa Information Center charge may be paid at any CITIC Bank office or on the Internet at https://www.usavisainformation.com.cn/eng/index.aspx. Once the charge is paid, you will be given a PIN number that must be given to the Visa Information Center when you call to verify the payment. The U.S. Visa Information Call Center currently can assist callers in Mandarin, Cantonese, Taishanese, Fuzhou dialect, and English.

Please read the refusal sheet (blue sheet) for specific instructions.

Re-payment of the IV processing fee is required if evidence to overcome a refusal, i.e. 221(g), 212(a)(4), is not made within one year of the date of last refusal; this fee will be collected for all cases in which the delay is not due to US Government processing.

I ASK THE CONGRESSMAN IN MY AREA TO HELP WITH TRYING TO FIND ON ABOUT WHY ITS TAKING SO LONG TO GET THE SECOND INTERVIEW DATE, WE GOT A 221G O OUR FIRST INTERVIEW   ANYONE BEEN THRU THIS PROCESS, WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT WAS NEEDED TO GET VISA FOR MY FUTURE FAMILY

222119[/snapback]

The consulate does not usually assign a 2nd interview date unless the blue slip says to go home and wait for us to call you. Usually when you get the requested information together you need to make an appointment to submit this.

Could you clarify what portion(s) of the 221g section were marked?

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)