AOS Interview...Do we need???

At last we got the Interview appointment. At Biometrics they said it would be 6-8 months...and now it is only 3. Can't complain about that but we have a question for all you process guys out there. In the "You must bring..." section it states...

If you have children, bring a Birth Certificate for each of your children.

Lu Li has a 16 year old son in China. His father has custody and the boy does not wish to come to the US anyway. Do we still have to get a birth certificate for him?

If she doesn't have the birth cert how about custody papers? In this case I would bring something that just shows the status in case it comes up. If you don't have anything, since there is no planned sponsorship of the child, just ignore it and wait and see.

I would bring everything you have and if you don't have it since the your wife does not have custody, it should not be required. At our AOS interview, they already had everything we had in the file. The only document was the marriage license. We had pictures, the latest tax forms, etc. My wife was pregnant prior to birth of our daughter which was exhibit A for us. I would not worry. Just bring what you have.