Third Party Correspondence

My SO had her KI visa interview about 2 weeks ago. Initially, her visa was proved but was later called by the consulate for another interview (in 2 days) during which she wasn¡¯t issued her visa due to third party correspondence.

My SO was told the name of the third party who happen to be my ex-friend. I was so bitter about it and had to confront her. She apologized and said she wrote the embassy out of jealousy and promised to contact the consulate to ignore her correspondences.

She told me she¡¯s already done that.

On my own part, I wrote the consulate early last week explaining my own side of the story. It¡¯s 5 working days since I wrote the consulate but no response. I¡¯m so worried now because the consulate hasn¡¯t replied me e-mail. What could be wrong? My SO is very worried too. Is there anyone in my kind of situation? If a third party writes back withdrawing his/her statements what happens?

If my SO calls the visa information center to book for another interview, in how many days from the date of booking will the interview be scheduled?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShaQuaNew

It's unlikely that the Consulate will deny a visa simply on the basis of hearsay, or someone with a vendetta against you or your partner. On the other hand, if this person has evidence that either you, or your partner has deliberately falsified any document or information, you petition will be delayed and investigated.

While you cite third-party correspondence, you have not indicated anything specific that this alleged person may or may not have said. It's therefore impossible to provide you much help as anyone that replies will only be speculating as to what was said by whom, and how it will be interpreted.

You are lucky they admitted who the third party was, in many 3rd party cases the consulate gives absolutely no information. 3rd party delays are not uncommon.

I wouldnt worry if they have not responded, they are overwhelmed. Set up the interview, give them any information they may require. I am not sure as to how quickly the interview will be once you call.

Have you or your SO recieved any written notice from the consulate?

Have you or your SO recieved any written notice from the consulate?

221714[/snapback]

No written notice, she was interviewed only 2 weeks ago. She got a blue slip and I have sent the document requested to her. I was asked to make a notarized statement concerning my relationship with the third party which I have already done and sent to my SO. Now that the thrid party has written back withdrawing her correspondences, I just would like to hear from the embassy and know which way forward.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Why are third parties given so much credit?

The consulate must know by now that many of these accusations stem from jealousy, resentment, spite, revenge, etc.

221737[/snapback]

Regardless, all allegations must be investigated. It would be irresponsible and against protocol not to do so. This is why it's so important for any Visa applicant to be keenly aware the tracks they leave in China. You may have pissed someone off at some point, of whom my catch wind of your current immigration plans.

The consulate must know by now that many of these accusations stem from jealousy, resentment, spite, revenge, etc.

221737[/snapback]

I agree - I think this is nothing but sick on the part of both the ex, and the consulate. I think we should expect more discretion from the consulate than to respond in this way to a high school bullying tactic.

Guest pushbrk

221737[/snapback]

I agree - I think this is nothing but sick on the part of both the ex, and the consulate. I think we should expect more discretion from the consulate than to respond in this way to a high school bullying tactic.

221744[/snapback]

Randy,

What criteria would you suggest the Consulate use to determine which cases of third party derogatory correspondence to ignore?

Or, do you suggest they ignore all such correspondence without investigating its validity?

Guest ShaQuaNew

221737[/snapback]

221744[/snapback]

Randy,

What criteria would you suggest the Consulate use to determine which cases of third party derogatory correspondence to ignore?

Or, do you suggest they ignore all such correspondence without investigating its validity?

221746[/snapback]

They cannot ignore any allegation, no matter how trivial it may seem. US law requires any allegation be investigated. The degree dictated by its seriousness.

Would be a real pisser if a serious allegation were ignored that turned out to be true, especially if the Visa applicants name is Mohammed Atta.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk

221737[/snapback]

221744[/snapback]

Randy,

221746[/snapback]

They cannot ignore any allegation, no matter how trivial it may seem. US law requires any allegation be investigated. The degree dictated by its seriousness.

Would be a real pisser if a serious allegation were ignored that turned out to be true, especially if the Visa applicants name is Mohammed Atta.

221747[/snapback]

I agree but await Randy's answer, nevertheless.

Put me in charge of the consulate, and we'll both find out. I've said before, though, that I believe ANY blue slip issue should be brought to the attention of the applicant BEFORE the interview, so that they may bring overcome evidence with them. Blue slips are just another step in the process for the consulate, but potentially an EXTREME disruption to the applicant. To do this on the basis of a letter from a jealous ex is sick.