Child's birth certificate needed?

Hi,

While looking over the forms which comprise the P4 packet I noticed a form which says the birth certificate for a beneficiarie's child is required.

Will a K-1 visa beneficiary be required to submit a birth certificate for their child if the beneficiary does not have custody of that child and will not be taking that child with them when they immigrate to the United States?

Thanks, Richard

Hi,

While looking over the forms which comprise the P4 packet I noticed a form which says the birth certificate for a beneficiarie's child is required.

Will a K-1 visa beneficiary be required to submit a birth certificate for their child if the beneficiary does not have custody of that child and will not be taking that child with them when they immigrate to the United States?

Thanks, Richard

221449[/snapback]

This is not needed if the child will not be attending the interview for a visa.

Oh, very good, a big sigh of relief here.

Thanks very much for your help!

Richard

221466[/snapback]

Just a follow up, if she does not have custody, it can be very difficult for her to get a birth certificate for a child because the child's records exist in the household book of the party who has custody.

If you didn't file a petition for a K2 and your SO is not bringing her child with her to the US. She doesn't need anything of her child for the visa interview.

If you have filed K2 for her child to go with her to America, she needs the papers showing she has the custody of her child. If she doesn't have, she may need a letter from her ex stating he gave up the custody to your SO, and the child also have to go to interview with your SO.

If you didn't file a petition for a K2 and your SO is not bringing her child with her to the US. She doesn't need anything of her child for the visa interview.

If you have filed K2 for her child to go with her to America, she needs the papers showing she has the custody of her child. If she doesn't have, she may need a letter from her ex stating he gave up the custody to your SO, and the child also have to go to interview with your SO.

221471[/snapback]

can you clarify if you are referring to a DS-230 or what form when you say "petition for K2"... since there is not any "petition" to file exclusively for a K2 since they are derivative status to the I-129F for K1... I assume you really mean visa application...

221471[/snapback]

What Smiling Said :D