Visas for Family Visitors

B2 Visas for Chinese family members to visit here in the USA are difficult to obtain based upon CFL's member's reported experiences.

My First question is...Is there a minimum age limit for a Chinese family member visitor to obtain a visa and travel to the USA unaccompanied (For example, age 14, 16, 18 or)?

Second question....Is there a minimum age limit for a Chinese family member visa applicant to enter the consulate unaccompanied for their B2 visa interview (that is, their parents being denied to be present during the interview)?

My Third question... the GUZ IV Unit has a special email form and address to query the IV unit about their visa application. I could not find an email address or similar form to email an inquiry to the GUZ Non-IV Unit. What is the process to communicate with the Non-IV Unit regarding a B2 visa application?

My Fourth question is, if a B2 visa is denied, is there a formal appeal process available for re-consideration or must one simply re-apply and pay a second fee?

Thank you for your kind response.

Boy Scout

Edited by Boy Scout (see edit history)
The Immigrant Visa Unit will not address B1/B2 visa issues.

222310[/snapback]

Many of us would like for our family members to be able to visit us here in the US. As boy scout pointed out these visas are difficult to obtain. Often multiple attempts prevail but the criteria for denying these visas seems arbitrary and based solely on the whim of the interviewing officer. Why are tourist visas for family members so difficult to obtain?

Dear USCONGUZ,

Thank you for taking time to respond to my inquiry.

I fully understand that the Immigrant Visa Unit will not address B1/B2 visa issues.

However, since you are a primary contact for CFL with GUZ and are likely much more familar with the operations of the US Consulate in Guangzhou than members of CFL, I would ask if you might be able to provide a suggestion as to how we might be able to query the US Consulate regarding issues involving B1/B2 visa. An email address, phone number or point of contact would be helpful.

If you are unable or unwilling to offer such information I understand that this is not your role or responsiblity. I will explore other options from gaining access to information regarding B1/B2 visa.

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,

Boy Scout

Edited by Boy Scout (see edit history)