I129F all transfered to california's SC ?!?!?!

Hi,

I filed a I-129F with a filing date of April 3rd 2006 and filed at the Nebrasca service center and just now I got a notice as follow:

On June 1, 2006, we transferred your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) to an office in CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office.

so WTF, I am from MN, why are they sending them there so I called, .. type 3, 4 8, if you have long harms, press 23, ... :o and got a hold of someone.

There the lady tells me that this is new and all the cases of a certain type will now go to only one center.

So I guess this is their solution to the new law IMBRA stuff where california will process ?!?!?!

what do you guys know ?

Hi,

I filed a I-129F with a filing date of April 3rd 2006 and filed at the Nebrasca service center and just now I got a notice as follow:

On June 1, 2006, we transferred your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) to an office in CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office.

so WTF, I am from MN, why are they sending them there so I called, .. type 3, 4 8, if you have long harms, press 23, ... :) and got a hold of someone.

There the lady tells me that this is new and all the cases of a certain type will now go to only one center.

So I guess this is their solution to the new law IMBRA stuff where california will process ?!?!?!

what do you guys know ?

220726[/snapback]

apparently all I-129s now goes to Vermoint or California, ....

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffair...1_24Mar06PR.pdf

Nebraska (and Texas) have been sending K1 cases to California (CSC) for a long time.. to help them with their backlog...

you should be happy it is at CSC where it will some faster attention.

I would not suspect it has anything to do with IMBRA unless we hear that NOW they are going to CSC for that reason...

----

deleted comments here.. Randy clarified the affected petitions...

But I-129Fs have been going to CSC from TSC and NSC for quite a while.. standard stuff...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
Hi,

so WTF, I am from MN, why are they sending them there so I called, .. type 3, 4 8, if you have long harms, press 23, ... :) and got a hold of someone.

what do you guys know ?

220726[/snapback]

220728[/snapback]

The news release is about work-related (I-129) visas. The I-129F application still shows the Nebraska, Texas, California, Vermont, and Chicago addresses, but has NOT been updated for IMBRA.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
Hi,

what do you guys know ?

220726[/snapback]

220728[/snapback]

The news release is about work-related (I-129) visas. The I-129F application still shows the Nebraska, Texas, California, Vermont, and Chicago addresses, but has NOT been updated for IMBRA.

220730[/snapback]

jean-charles' case is affected by IMBRA because he filed K1 after March 6. This means that he will first get and RFE with a questionairre to get his petition in conformance with IMBRA. Transfer to CSC is of no concern. IMBRA is.

I just got 5 emails that I am transferred to CSC too.

I also checked the USCIS web site, and found the new I-129F ammended draft. Revision draft date of 5/23/06. It does include all the new information about the IMBRA & back ground check/criminal records area for the petitioner (section C)(and instructions).

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/for...-129f-draft.pdf

Edited by MikeandRong (see edit history)

I also checked the USCIS web site, and found the new I-129F ammended draft. Revision draft date of 5/23/06. It does include all the new information about the IMBRA & back ground check/criminal records area for the petitioner (section C)(and instructions).

220760[/snapback]

Now that's not quite as bad as it could have been. Hopefully they will get this thing released to the public and we can get on with life.

Thanks for posting this.

220760[/snapback]

This is very interesting and seems reasonable enough. I think if a person is clean and has no arrests, they have nothing to fear. I'm a little concerned about Question 19. I know some of these so called marriage/dating sites have probably complied with the law, however, what if they are not in compliance yet? The USC has no control over that end of it. It only asks for the name and address of the site. I know these are new questions; they are the first ones that popped in my mind.

Edited by RLS (see edit history)

220760[/snapback]

This is very interesting and seems reasonable enough. I think if a person is clean and has no arrests, they have nothing to fear. I'm a little concerned about Question 19. I know some of these so called marriage/dating sites have probably complied with the law, however, what if they are not in compliance yet? The USC has no control over that end of it. It only asks for the name and address of the site. I know these are new questions; they are the first ones that popped in my mind.

220817[/snapback]

so if you meet on a website like match or asiafriendfinder, .... this is considered a mariage broker?

I mean they didn't make any arangement or broker stuff, you pay to chat , you find that you like each other, ... then off the site, ...

do we must put the name of the site in that case?

it's not really a brokerage service

Guest pushbrk

220760[/snapback]

220817[/snapback]

It does not ask for the name and address of any "site". It refers to "International Marriage Brokers". If you used a website that charges everybody the same price whether an "International" relationship is spawned or not, they ARE NOT subject the law.

If you simply paid a periodic membership fee to a website, answer NO to question 19.