NVC Log Jamb set new record in GZ

The release of 2 of the K-1 cases that have been sitting on Administrative Processing, with approval dates of March 8, that were suddenly released after DOS posted their clarification of the IMBRA were shipped from NVC and confirmed to have been entered into the computer in GZ in 6 days.

While this may be a fluke, but I suspect it is not the case. It appears that these K-1 cases have received expedited processing OR they were running short of cases to process.

We will just need to see if this holds true with other cases that were sitting at NVC from this time frame on Administrative processing.

Any one else seeing time frames like this?

The release of 2 of the K-1 cases that have been sitting on Administrative Processing, with approval dates of March 8, that were suddenly released after DOS posted their clarification of the IMBRA were shipped from NVC and confirmed to have been entered into the computer in GZ in 6 days.

While this may be a fluke, but I suspect it is not the case. It appears that these K-1 cases have received expedited processing OR they were running short of cases to process.

We will just need to see if this holds true with other cases that were sitting at NVC from this time frame on Administrative processing.

220485[/snapback]

Short of cases? Hmmmmmm. I have a suggestion for them. :lol:

Guest pushbrk

220485[/snapback]

My K3 case left NVC 6 days after it was logged in, April 12. It would have been faster but they were waiting for the name check to be completed. I think AAF in Seattle was a little faster than that.

220485[/snapback]

My K3 case left NVC 6 days after it was logged in, April 12. It would have been faster but they were waiting for the name check to be completed. I think AAF in Seattle was a little faster than that.

220490[/snapback]

If I am not mistaken the K-1 is not entered into the computer until it is physically received by GZ and the K3 is done by NVC.

Guest pushbrk

220485[/snapback]

220490[/snapback]

If I am not mistaken the K-1 is not entered into the computer until it is physically received by GZ and the K3 is done by NVC.

220492[/snapback]

It's the CR1 that doesn't begin the namecheck until the paper file is at post but the electronic file gets there within a day or two of the NVC OUT date.

All K visa namechecks are begun and most completed, while the file is at NVC. This may represent a relatively recent change in procedure.

220485[/snapback]

220490[/snapback]

220492[/snapback]

It's the CR1 that doesn't begin the namecheck until the paper file is at post but the electronic file gets there within a day or two of the NVC OUT date.

All K visa namechecks are begun and most completed, while the file is at NVC. This may represent a relatively recent change in procedure.

220495[/snapback]

Well I remember GUZ Speaks posted that K visa name check begins once the file is in the computer and before the P3 is sent out. I would assume that's the 2nd name check.

Guest pushbrk

220485[/snapback]

220490[/snapback]

220492[/snapback]

220495[/snapback]

Well I remember GUZ Speaks posted that K visa name check begins once the file is in the computer and before the P3 is sent out. I would assume that's the 2nd name check.

220496[/snapback]

A second name check is not a given. DOS told me that 2nd name checks are not normally requested unless they are prompted AT interview time. More recently USCONGUZ has confirmed that most K visa name checks are completed before the case leaves NVC. Mine certainly was and my P3 was sent the day my paper file was logged in at GUZ.

220485[/snapback]

220490[/snapback]

220492[/snapback]

220495[/snapback]

220496[/snapback]

A second name check is not a given. DOS told me that 2nd name checks are not normally requested unless they are prompted AT interview time. More recently USCONGUZ has confirmed that most K visa name checks are completed before the case leaves NVC. Mine certainly was and my P3 was sent the day my paper file was logged in at GUZ.

220499[/snapback]

Are you saying that the name check for our SO's are done at the NVC level?

I feel special now, we had a name check being done after Yanlan turned in her p-3. Believe me, I asked everytime, what the hold up was and everyone said name check.

I feel special now, we had a name check being done after Yanlan turned in her p-3. Believe me, I asked everytime, what the hold up was and everyone said name check.

220501[/snapback]

Yes. We are very special. Thank you GUZ or DOS or NVC or whoever.

Guest pushbrk

220485[/snapback]

220490[/snapback]

220492[/snapback]

220495[/snapback]

220496[/snapback]

220499[/snapback]

220500[/snapback]

For K visas they are initiated and usually finished while th file is at NVC.

This is NOT true for CR1.

220485[/snapback]

220490[/snapback]

220492[/snapback]

220495[/snapback]

220496[/snapback]

220499[/snapback]

We know that a name check is done by USCIS as part of their approval process and that is the first name check. That makes the first check initiated by a DOS function, whether NVC or GUZ, the 2nd name check and if a second name check is prompted by the interview that will be the 3rd name check. This follows the same logic that makes the first GUZ packet P3 and the second P4 because USCIS's NOA1 was P1 and NOA2 P2. Excepting February, of course, which has 28.

So only if you know where you are standing in this process, and whether you are looking uphill or down, do any of these numbered events make any sense at all. Just my opinion, YMMV.

Guest pushbrk

220485[/snapback]

220490[/snapback]

220492[/snapback]

220495[/snapback]

220496[/snapback]

220499[/snapback]

We know that a name check is done by USCIS as part of their approval process and that is the first name check. That makes the first check initiated by a DOS function, whether NVC or GUZ, the 2nd name check and if a second name check is prompted by the interview that will be the 3rd name check. This follows the same logic that makes the first GUZ packet P3 and the second P4 because USCIS's NOA1 was P1 and NOA2 P2. Excepting February, of course, which has 28.

So only if you know where you are standing in this process, and whether you are looking uphill or down, do any of these numbered events make any sense at all. Just my opinion, YMMV.

220514[/snapback]

Works for me. David tried to get clarification on this from USCONGUZ recently and only a little mud was removed from the water.

220485[/snapback]

By my count, GUZ picked up about 65 "pieces" from DHL on 5/30/06. There are only about 130 more pieces currently at DHL in GUZ, since the number of pieces being sent from NVC has declined from 15/day in March to the current 4/day in May. This may give GUZ a chance to get caught up, which probably is not a bad idea considering the flood of cases that will follow when the service centers finally start releasing post-March 6th petitions. We can all hope for the best!

220485[/snapback]

220490[/snapback]

220492[/snapback]

220495[/snapback]

220496[/snapback]

220499[/snapback]

220500[/snapback]

For K visas they are initiated and usually finished while th file is at NVC.

This is NOT true for CR1.

220506[/snapback]

That is my understanding of it too Mike.

The K1 can be started because the electronic file is sent to Guz from NVC with all of the required information ahead of time. I know I have read that here more than a few times, I just can't remember off hand which threads right now.

That's really great news Lee, thank you. :toot: