Okay... do you think I need to make separate post regarding Video Tape process being done in Shanghai?  I already have a R/T ticket for Shanghai, and that is where my wife lives.......

220448[/snapback]

You only need to find anyplace that can do video or do it yourself with any digital video camera. GUZ does NOT require VHS. USCONGUZ has confirmed they will also accept DVD or VCD. All you need is a digital video camera and a computer.

NO NEED to find somebody to do VHS.

I hope my video isn't needed, but if it is, they can pop it into any computer and click on the icon and watch it.

220452[/snapback]

Mike,

thanks for the info... but I am still worried that the VHS language on her slip is a controlling factor........

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hank,

I am sure you are angry and disappointed now, but I think she will overcome it.  At least they told her what additional evidence they wanted.  Good Luck!

220426[/snapback]

Barry,

thanks for your support

Upside is ... I get to see my wife!!!!  :D

220431[/snapback]

Hank I admire you for finding the silver lineing here! :ok:

BTW: I understand that the VHS video making business does well in GUZ also.

Edit: corrected from Triggtionary to English

220440[/snapback]

Right......... and thanks for your kind words.......

I really appreciate everyones PM's and show of support and encouragement.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get the VHS done in the correct format in Shanghai?  Looks like I might have to take a trip there.........  Upside is ... I get to see my wife!!!!  :ok:

220431[/snapback]

The glass is always half FULL!

I have no idea what your feeling right now but you have the

right attitude.

It sounds like they only want a few things so get them together and

send them off.

Or take them with you so you can see your wife! Then make the video over there.

Don't let it get to you, it's almost over!

220454[/snapback]

Lou, Thanks for your support...

Hank, I know this is a great disappointment for both of you, but for now you need to calmly deal with their request. They hold the visa you want and being angry will not do either of you any good. Others have had the same thing happen, so take the time to relax and provide what they are asking.

Yep, it is easier said than done, but they hold all the cards. Esun41 had a very similar situation, you might chat with him.

Hank, I know this is a great disappointment for both of you, but for now you need to calmly deal with their request. They hold the visa you want and being angry will not do either of you any good. Others have had the same thing happen, so take the time to relax and provide what they are asking.

Yep, it is easier said than done, but they hold all the cards. Esun41 had a very similar situation, you might chat with him.

220564[/snapback]

Lee,

Thanks for the calming words and advice, the shock has worn off as well as the initial anger. I am planning of doing all I can to respond to the requests from the VO, the video presents a hardship, as it requires I make the previously unplanned trip to China. However, as I stated in an earlier post, I will enjoy being with my wife.........

220564[/snapback]

Lee,

Thanks for the calming words and advice, the shock has worn off as well as the initial anger. I am planning of doing all I can to respond to the requests from the VO, the video presents a hardship, as it requires I make the previously unplanned trip to China. However, as I stated in an earlier post, I will enjoy being with my wife.........

220566[/snapback]

You can get a video made in GZ and remember it's not a matter of you both communicating in English or even Chinese, it's the two of you communicating. SmilingAsia might be able to recommend someone.

If possible get the overcome submission scheduled for a couple of days after you will arrive in China so you don't need to wait in the queue.

Make sure to register your trip with DOS online.

Get the copy of your passport done at the Consulate, that way it will show you just entered the country. A bit of grumbling there might not hurt. :ok:

Good luck

220564[/snapback]

Lee,

220566[/snapback]

You can get a video made in GZ and remember it's not a matter of you both communicating in English or even Chinese, it's the two of you communicating. SmilingAsia might be able to recommend someone.

If possible get the overcome submission scheduled for a couple of days after you will arrive in China so you don't need to wait in the queue.

Make sure to register your trip with DOS online.

Get the copy of your passport done at the Consulate, that way it will show you just entered the country. A bit of grumbling there might not hurt. :ok:

Good luck

220568[/snapback]

Thanks Lee, not sure if we will make it GUZ during my trip there, but if so, I will already have the video done beforehand somewhere in Shanghai...

Hank, I too wish you two all the best!! I am happy to read you are focusing on what needs to be done. I can not imagine these feelings of anger and disappointment. I applaud both of you in your courage to overcome any and all obstacles that face you two now. I am confident we will be giving you two a warm and sincere CFL congrats on her Visa very soon!!

Hank, I too wish you two all the best!!  I am happy to read you are focusing on what needs to be done.  I can not imagine these feelings of anger and disappointment.  I applaud both of you in your courage to overcome any and all obstacles that face you two now.  I am confident we will be giving you two a warm and sincere CFL congrats on her Visa very soon!!

220572[/snapback]

Hey Rich,

Thanks for your thoughts, and I see you are moving along on your timeline too....

good luck!!

email address for maura harty on this web site (hartyma@state.gov) and tried it two days ago. within one day, we had a response from katherine cabral in maura harty's office... This might work ??

220156[/snapback]

This is good for someone needing the information. I'm sorry to hear about your wife. So very very hard.