Questions, Questions

Boy I have a lot of questions! I have been reading and reading till I am going crazy :P ! I get so many different views and see where people are getting answers when they call DOS for progress reports. I have emailed GUZ and asked if they received the approved I-129F yet and get a reply 4/26, NO not yet. The next day my wife receives packet 3 in the mail. She had the paperwork ready to send and it was sent out on 4/28. Email GUZ did you get P-3 yet, NO. Call DOS, no packet 3 in computer. My wife called the hotel that accepts mail for the Embassy and they say sure was received 4/29 and picked up by the Embassy. It is now 5/27. I called DOS yesterday they say NO packet 3 entered yet by GUZ. I see one member returned their P3 to GUZ 4/26 and it is entered into computer 5/19. No name check information or anything. I was even told yesterday by a DOS Visa expert that P3 are sent from NVC not the Embassy. I read somewhere that name checks are done at the NVC as well. Am I confused or what? I paid the 54RMB fee and call the Embassy line and enter the PIN and only get a recording that says " Your Pin number is correct your case is active." How can I find out what really is happening if anything?

Edited by Lowen/Zhang (see edit history)

I believe that calling DoS provides the most accurate info at your stage. It took a long time for our P3 to show up in the computer also. This is one of those things you can't do much about ... deep breath, relax, call Lao Po and have an intimate conversation about how good it's gonna be ...

"it takes time to open and processed each letter" was the closest to an informative response that I got. This was several weeks after they had signed for it.

It's that act of entering it into the computer that finally registers something that they will report.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
Boy I have a lot of questions! I have been reading and reading till I am going crazy :crazy: ! I get so many different views and see where people are getting answers when they call DOS for progress reports. I have emailed GUZ and asked if they received the approved I-129F yet and get a reply 4/26, NO not yet. The next day my wife receives packet 3 in the mail. She had the paperwork ready to send and it was sent out on 4/28. Email GUZ did you get P-3 yet, NO. Call DOS, no packet 3 in computer. My wife called the hotel that accepts mail for the Embassy and they say sure was received 4/29 and picked up by the Embassy. It is now 5/27. I called DOS yesterday they say NO packet 3 entered yet by GUZ. I see one member returned their P3 to GUZ 4/26 and it is entered into computer 5/19. No name check information or anything. I was even told yesterday by a DOS Visa expert that P3 are sent from NVC not the Embassy. I read somewhere that name checks are done at the NVC as well. Am I confused or what? I paid the 54RMB fee and call the Embassy line and enter the PIN and only get a recording that says " Your Pin number is correct your case is active." How can I find out what really is happening if anything?

218922[/snapback]

All you can do now is keep calling the domestic DOS number for updates. You'll probably see that the P3 is logged in and P4 sent with appointment date the same day or within a couple days of each other. It seems they don't actually log the P3 into the system until they are ready to set the appointment and send the P4.

Based on the timelines, I predict this will happen before June15 in your case. :)

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
Boy I have a lot of questions! I have been reading and reading till I am going crazy :crazy: ! I get so many different views and see where people are getting answers when they call DOS for progress reports. I have emailed GUZ and asked if they received the approved I-129F yet and get a reply 4/26, NO not yet. The next day my wife receives packet 3 in the mail. She had the paperwork ready to send and it was sent out on 4/28. Email GUZ did you get P-3 yet, NO. Call DOS, no packet 3 in computer. My wife called the hotel that accepts mail for the Embassy and they say sure was received 4/29 and picked up by the Embassy. It is now 5/27. I called DOS yesterday they say NO packet 3 entered yet by GUZ. I see one member returned their P3 to GUZ 4/26 and it is entered into computer 5/19. No name check information or anything. I was even told yesterday by a DOS Visa expert that P3 are sent from NVC not the Embassy. I read somewhere that name checks are done at the NVC as well. Am I confused or what? I paid the 54RMB fee and call the Embassy line and enter the PIN and only get a recording that says " Your Pin number is correct your case is active." How can I find out what really is happening if anything?

218922[/snapback]

All you can do now is keep calling the domestic DOS number for updates. You'll probably see that the P3 is logged in and P4 sent with appointment date the same day or within a couple days of each other. It seems they don't actually log the P3 into the system until they are ready to set the appointment and send the P4.

Based on the timelines, I predict this will happen before June15 in your case. :)

218930[/snapback]

LOL, I hope so. It seems there are a few of us running almost neck and neck here. Can anyone say what the I-130 is all about and why the I-129F? Are they same does one change the other or what?

Edited by Lowen/Zhang (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk

218922[/snapback]

218930[/snapback]

LOL, I hope so. It seems there are a few of us running almost neck and neck here. Can anyone say what the I-130 is all about and why the I-129F? Are they same does one change the other or what?

218934[/snapback]

You'll be in the USA a couple months before the CR1 shows up in GUZ. You can either adjust status or the wife can return to China for another interview.

It has been a race but the K3 won by a mile.

I believe that calling DoS provides the most accurate info at your stage.  It took a long time for our P3 to show up in the computer also.  This is one of those things you can't do much about ... deep breath, relax, call Lao Po and have an intimate conversation about how good it's gonna be ...

218926[/snapback]

Hate to say it, but just wait. I know people who got the "no P3" response and within a week, p4 was received by their SO's. I do my share of calling, and heck even got a call from them...

Break out the cheetos, and don't sweat the fact that the right and left hands have no idea what the other is up to!

Merc

The P3 is only sent out from NVC, if you are doing the I-130, the straight CR-1. If you are doing the fianc¨¦e visa, K1, or the K3,,it will be mailed from GUZ. :o

219298[/snapback]

Ob, Times have changed. The I-130 approval days seem to have gone back to it's old ways again. No more 2 week approvals and your on your way to NVC. His 129 is faster, forget the CR-1.

I agree with Jim, GZ is the last place to get info on what's happening in GZ. You need to call DOS. You get accurate info from a live human being with a name vs. a response that's copy and pasted out of FAQ from the GZ website that won't answer your question anyways, and may even confuse you even more.

Good Luck.

The P3 is only sent out from NVC, if you are doing the I-130, the straight CR-1. If you are doing the fianc¨¦e visa, K1, or the K3,,it will be mailed from GUZ. :rolleyes:

219298[/snapback]

Ob, Times have changed. The I-130 approval days seem to have gone back to it's old ways again. No more 2 week approvals and your on your way to NVC. His 129 is faster, forget the CR-1.

I agree with Jim, GZ is the last place to get info on what's happening in GZ. You need to call DOS. You get accurate info from a live human being with a name vs. a response that's copy and pasted out of FAQ from the GZ website that won't answer your question anyways, and may even confuse you even more.

Good Luck.

219370[/snapback]

I believe this line was in the original post. I was just trying to clear up some of his confusion. As for I130 approval, mine was over 7 months,,not a few days.

"I was even told yesterday by a DOS Visa expert that P3 are sent from NVC not the Embassy"[/

Edited by obxtrainman (see edit history)