Yes, of course, I took that with me on my 2nd visit to see her. Notarized by my bank. I also sent her every scrap of bank records the bank worker could compile, it took 20 minutes. Just courious, I think the poverty line is 16,500 for 2 people, and whatever 125% of that is, I made over 26k last year, is that sufficient?

Guest pushbrk
Yes, of course, I took that with me on my 2nd visit to see her. Notarized by my bank. I also sent her every scrap of bank records the bank worker could compile, it took 20 minutes. Just courious, I think the poverty line is 16,500 for 2 people, and whatever 125% of that is, I made over 26k last year, is that sufficient?

218886[/snapback]

Your income is above the required minimum. If it weren't you could be disquailified based on that alone. Meeting the minimum requirements is only one among many factors. It does not assure there will be no concern related to your income, particularly joined with the fact that you live in your father's home.

Your writing and questions continue to reflect a focus on meeting individual minimum requirements. This is what concerns me about your case, Hunter. Fortunately, your wife appears to be taking a more holistic approach with painting a solid picture in mind.

For instance, supplying a receipt for rings only prooves somebody paid for them instead of steeling or borrowing them. If the receipt shows YOU paid with YOUR credit card or YOUR checkbook, it prooves YOU paid for the rings.

FYI, the notarizations by a person at your bank are just fine but I think if you look at their stamp, you won't see the name of the bank referenced in any way. In the USA, "Notaries" are individuals. Your bank may have paid the fees and assisted one or more of their employees in becoming a Notary but your bank did not notarize your papers. The individual did. The notarization simply indicates that they know it was you who signed the papers or that they made the copy of your passport etc.

Remember, it doesn't really matter how long a list of documents you have. What really matters is the picture they actually see at the interview. The kitchen sink is for step two, if needed.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

With all due respect Pushbrk, i'm not trying to barely squeek by, i'm only trying to be certain that I have what I need and by knowing if what I have is over the minimum then thats helpful because I at least know where the bottom is. Now as far as my wife being on top of her game, i'm not going to knock that down. =)

Guest pushbrk
With all due respect Pushbrk, i'm not trying to barely squeek by, i'm only trying to be certain that I have what I need and by knowing if what I have is over the minimum then thats helpful because I at least know where the bottom is. Now as far as my wife being on top of her game, i'm not going to knock that down. =)

218901[/snapback]

Good. I'm not a mind reader. I'm reading what you wrote and giving my impression based on that and that alone. I'm always happy to be wrong about such things. Good luck.

Hey Mike, i appreciate the offer, I will try to list all the stuff we have aquired for our interview to use as proof. We of course have 5 books of pictures, each containing around 25 pics each, airline ticket stubs, my itinerary given me by my travel agent. Copies of receipts for everything I did in China on my 2 visits to China. Even the money change receipts were kept. 3 years of prepared back taxes with w-2s. The receipt for the wedding rings. A letter from my company, the email from her father welcoming me to the family after I asked her dads permission to marry her. Pictures of the nice man from china who is my dads friend and my dad working in my dads workshop on their R/C airplanes, also pics of the same man with her dad. A letter from this Chinese man and a note from his employer. Copies of my passport with visa's. A letter hand written by me expressing my intent and feelings for her. A letter from my dad saying she is welcome to live in his home with me. Bills of the house that I mailed to my wife. If i think of anything else i'll be sure to post, I'm sure I didnt forget the kitchen sink hehe. Oh, yahoo, MSN, email logs, and phone printouts from my echina phone card.

218874[/snapback]

You have lots of repeipts and records and that is good. Now just tie them together.

Here is an example only:

You have the receipt from the ATM for a particular day. Take that receipt and maybe a taxi receipt and put that together to show where you went to eat that day along with the dinner receipt. Include some dinner photos at the restaurent with you all eating together. Maybe an email/message chat later talking about that dinner or particular photo. Your credit card or bank statement from that particular date that shows you actualy paid for it, and where the money came from. That paints a complete picture.

Example:

The wedding rings:

Maybe an email/message chat talking about the rings before hand. Maybe a picture from the store of the rings. The recepit for the rings. Your credit card/cancelled check paying for the rings. Your bank statement showing that you actually paid the bill from your checking account. Perhaps now some pictures of the two of you together with the rings when you gave it to her. Emails/message chats showing later you still talked about the rings.

These are only some small examples of tieing the information all together. It is like if you walk into have your taxs done with a shoe box of receipts. Do you want the accountant to draw his own conclusions, or would you like him to do what you need him to do by giving him well prepared and complete statments.

The VO only have a few minutes to make up his mind, so it may be better to help him along and lead him to the conclusion you want him to reach.

When he asks for pictures of proof of releationship, she can hand him 3 or 4 well put together scenerios that draw pefectly logical conclusions that any third party person can see, with out knowing the third party (meaning you and your wife).

You can make each scenerio piece of evidence short, but with complete evidence from start to finish. 2-3 pages should do it in each scenerio package you make up.

This is much better that just giving the VO a whole bunch of papers and receipts that just show you were in China and spent money, but really leave him to make up his own mind as how to interpret it. Don't give him any chance to do that, help lead him to the conclusion you want him to come to.

All of the rest of the evidence, by all means bring or send with. Just sort it out in a logical manner, so if needed now or later you know exactly where to look, and the releationship of that evidence as it pertains to the both of you.

She will only have a matter on minutes to present her picture of your lives together. Make that picture as complete and as logical as you can possibly do. Help lead the VO, you don't want to have to follow him.

Again, this is just my opinion.