I am a fan of fans.

I agree - a fan is bad. BUT if you must have one, consider buying a timer that will turn it off after you fall asleep.

218630[/snapback]

Ya, then wake up an hour later sweatin' like a pig.

218670[/snapback]

I have heard of the danger of fans for sleeping people. Direct blow to an uncovered body is especially harmful.

Fan Death

218683[/snapback]

Hi,

The link to that Wiki is for debunking the urban legend of Fan Death in Korea. Not the best source of supporting evidence... :lol:

-James

I have always heard that sleep with a fan directly blowing on you is not good for health. I even heard problem caused to my friend's sweden husband who didn't believe it and was convinced by his own experience. I buy this advice. However when I tried to find some theory to this claim, I just found the opposite:

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/depression...giene-has-a-fan

I suggest a med student taking this topic as a good research project. :lol:

Oh man! July in Shang hai. :redblob:

I ask Jie what the temp was in her apartment last night. Mmmm...  27 C

She said she will wear more clothes, and give me " cold hotel "  :redblob:

Now that I think about it, Hmmm, more clothes is the opposite direction I want to go.

:greenblob:  :greenblob:  :greenblob:  :greenblob:

I just love the window unit AC. Just like burning the back of my legs with the Dearborn heater in the winter.

I miss the old Swamp Coolers also.  :redblob:

219880[/snapback]

How well do I know what you mean! I remember she almost never used the AC/heat in Shanghai, except when I was there. In summer there, I always put the AC at its lowest setting of 16.

In Colorado, our townhome doesnt have AC, so I have a window fan on my side of the bed which blows all night. Considering how Colorado can be 90's in the day, and 60's in the night, I use the window fans to cool the house at night, then close the windows in the morning, and while it does get warm, it is bearable.

Guest ShaQuaNew
I have always heard that sleep with a fan directly blowing on you is not good for health.  I even heard problem caused to my friend's sweden husband who didn't believe it and was convinced by his own experience.  I buy this advice.  However when I tried to find some theory to this claim, I just found the opposite:

I suggest a med student taking this topic as a good research project. :P

220248[/snapback]

Ceiling fans are very popular in Florida. Though all these fans have reversing switches on them, not many use or know how to use them. In summer, when it's hot, you can set the fan so that it draws cold air up to the ceiling. If you don't know which way that is light a match and blow it out with the fan running. The smoke will be drawn the direction of the fan. In winter, you can force the warm air trapped on the ceiling downward toward the floor where your tootsies are cold. Proper use of ceiling fans can significantly reduce your utility bill.

I have always heard that sleep with a fan directly blowing on you is not good for health.  I even heard problem caused to my friend's sweden husband who didn't believe it and was convinced by his own experience.  I buy this advice.  However when I tried to find some theory to this claim, I just found the opposite:

I suggest a med student taking this topic as a good research project. B)

220248[/snapback]

Ceiling fans are very popular in Florida. Though all these fans have reversing switches on them, not many use or know how to use them. In summer, when it's hot, you can set the fan so that it draws cold air up to the ceiling. If you don't know which way that is light a match and blow it out with the fan running. The smoke will be drawn the direction of the fan. In winter, you can force the warm air trapped on the ceiling downward toward the floor where your tootsies are cold. Proper use of ceiling fans can significantly reduce your utility bill.

220992[/snapback]

But, if I'm dead from using the fan a low utility bill won't do much for me. :P

Guest ShaQuaNew

I suggest a med student taking this topic as a good research project. B)

220248[/snapback]

220992[/snapback]

But, if I'm dead from using the fan a low utility bill won't do much for me. B)

221012[/snapback]

But, if you keep the fan on it will keep you from decomposing so rapidly so that you won't begin to smell for several days... :P

I suggest a med student taking this topic as a good research project. :D

220248[/snapback]

220992[/snapback]

But, if I'm dead from using the fan a low utility bill won't do much for me. :lol:

221012[/snapback]

But, if you keep the fan on it will keep you from decomposing so rapidly so that you won't begin to smell for several days... :eyebrow:

221014[/snapback]

But how would that work if he forgot to use his deodorant?

I suggest a med student taking this topic as a good research project. :P

220248[/snapback]

220992[/snapback]

But, if I'm dead from using the fan a low utility bill won't do much for me. :(

221012[/snapback]

But, if you keep the fan on it will keep you from decomposing so rapidly so that you won't begin to smell for several days... :rolleyes:

221014[/snapback]

But how would that work if he forgot to use his deodorant?

221017[/snapback]

That is what the reverse is for.......after a few days reverse it to suck up the warm moist sour odor up to the ceiling...

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)

I nearly lost my right hand today turning on the Air Conditioner. It has been in the mid 90's here in California and it gets down right stuffy in our small place. We have the air set at 82 but with no breeze, it is uncomfortable for me.

I made the mistake of trying to turn on the air... thought I was a goner!!! :rolleyes:

(She's little but kicks like a mule)