K1 interview passed, but visa pickup problem

Hi Guys,

We have a little problem here. So Sophia went and passed her interview on Wednesday, the 24th, and was told to pick up the visa two days later, which is Friday, the 26th. But when she had gotten there, her package was not there and she was told to go back the next day. I've called DOS a couple of times, and they have confirmed that my fiancee passed the interview AND her visa was ISSUED on the 25th. So here are my questions:

1) Has anyone else experienced this before?

2) Assuming this is a mailing error, is there a way for me to contact the consulate and ask what's going on? (unfortunately, I wasn't able to be in China for the interview, so US citizen service at the consulate wouldn't be an option)

3) I checked online for the EMS tracking, and so far no information is available, does this mean the package still won't get there by the time Sophia goes back to the post office? That would be really bad, because the next time she can go back would be next Tuesday, and since she's not a local, it would be a hassle to stay an extra few days.

This is really quite frustrating, I was planning let you guys know the details of her interview once she gets the visa...but now that has to wait :( Anyway, I hope you guys will be able to give me some advice as to what to do, or at least some encouraging words :unsure: I'll now go and worry my heart out :(

John and Sophia

Guest pushbrk
Hi Guys,

We have a little problem here. So Sophia went and passed her interview on Wednesday, the 24th, and was told to pick up the visa two days later, which is Friday, the 26th. But when she had gotten there, her package was not there and she was told to go back the next day. I've called DOS a couple of times, and they have confirmed that my fiancee passed the interview AND her visa was ISSUED on the 25th. So here are my questions:

1) Has anyone else experienced this before?

2) Assuming this is a mailing error, is there a way for me to contact the consulate and ask what's going on? (unfortunately, I wasn't able to be in China for the interview, so US citizen service at the consulate wouldn't be an option)

3) I checked online for the EMS tracking, and so far no information is available, does this mean the package still won't get there by the time Sophia goes back to the post office? That would be really bad, because the next time she can go back would be next Tuesday, and since she's not a local, it would be a hassle to stay an extra few days.

This is really quite frustrating, I was planning let you guys know the details of her interview once she gets the visa...but now that has to wait :( Anyway, I hope you guys will be able to give me some advice as to what to do, or at least some encouraging words :unsure: I'll now go and worry my heart out :(

John and Sophia

218523[/snapback]

Yours is the second this week.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18143

I'm pretty sure that China Post is open 7 days a week.

Hi Guys,

0„2 0„2 We have a little problem here. So Sophia went and passed her interview on Wednesday, the 24th, and was told to pick up the visa two days later, which is Friday, the 26th. But when she had gotten there, her package was not there and she was told to go back the next day. I've called DOS a couple of times, and they have confirmed that my fiancee passed the interview AND her visa was ISSUED on the 25th. So here are my questions:

0„2 0„2 1) Has anyone else experienced this before?

0„2 0„2 2) Assuming this is a mailing error, is there a way for me to contact the consulate and ask what's going on? (unfortunately, I wasn't able to be in China for the interview, so US citizen service at the consulate wouldn't be an option)

0„2 0„2 3) I checked online for the EMS tracking, and so far no information is available, does this mean the package still won't get there by the time Sophia goes back to the post office? That would be really bad, because the next time she can go back would be next Tuesday, and since she's not a local, it would be a hassle to stay an extra few days.

0„2 0„2 This is really quite frustrating, I was planning let you guys know the details of her interview once she gets the visa...but now that has to wait :( Anyway, I hope you guys will be able to give me some advice as to what to do, or at least some encouraging words :unsure: I'll now go and worry my heart out :(

John and Sophia

218523[/snapback]

218527[/snapback]

Yea, I saw that post as well...I wonder what happened since then, Favor hasn't updated for quite a few days (hopefully they got the visa and are busy celebrating :(

As for the post office, I know they are open 7 days a week, but the problem is that the consulate is not. If the issued visa is stuck at the consulate, we must wait for them to realize the problem and deliver it to the post office (I believe they make one delivery of issued visas per day Mon-Fri, and none during the weekends). So basically, if she goes there on Sat., she's essentially looking through the deliveries made up till Friday night. Any new delivery wouldn't be made until the following Monday night, which would be available for pickup Tuesday. Well, at least this is what I heard from my SO, anyone is welcomed to correct me if you have more definitive answers.

Guest ShaQuaNew

They may have gotten the shipment off a little late in the day; it's a bummer to be delayed like that. Keep us posted when it shows up....

Hi Guys,

0„2 0„2 We have a little problem here. So Sophia went and passed her interview on Wednesday, the 24th, and was told to pick up the visa two days later, which is Friday, the 26th. But when she had gotten there, her package was not there and she was told to go back the next day. I've called DOS a couple of times, and they have confirmed that my fiancee passed the interview AND her visa was ISSUED on the 25th. So here are my questions:

0„2 0„2 1) Has anyone else experienced this before?

0„2 0„2 2) Assuming this is a mailing error, is there a way for me to contact the consulate and ask what's going on? (unfortunately, I wasn't able to be in China for the interview, so US citizen service at the consulate wouldn't be an option)

0„2 0„2 3) I checked online for the EMS tracking, and so far no information is available, does this mean the package still won't get there by the time Sophia goes back to the post office? That would be really bad, because the next time she can go back would be next Tuesday, and since she's not a local, it would be a hassle to stay an extra few days.

0„2 0„2 This is really quite frustrating, I was planning let you guys know the details of her interview once she gets the visa...but now that has to wait :blink: Anyway, I hope you guys will be able to give me some advice as to what to do, or at least some encouraging words :rolleyes: I'll now go and worry my heart out :blink:

John and Sophia

218523[/snapback]

218527[/snapback]

Yea, I saw that post as well...I wonder what happened since then, Favor hasn't updated for quite a few days (hopefully they got the visa and are busy celebrating :unsure:

As for the post office, I know they are open 7 days a week, but the problem is that the consulate is not. If the issued visa is stuck at the consulate, we must wait for them to realize the problem and deliver it to the post office (I believe they make one delivery of issued visas per day Mon-Fri, and none during the weekends). So basically, if she goes there on Sat., she's essentially looking through the deliveries made up till Friday night. Any new delivery wouldn't be made until the following Monday night, which would be available for pickup Tuesday. Well, at least this is what I heard from my SO, anyone is welcomed to correct me if you have more definitive answers.

218532[/snapback]

She could try to go to the consulate and ask, I know that some USC's have done this before when something has gone wrong. Sometimes the SO didn't complete the paperwork correctly or pay the fee or skipped the booth completely and the consulate had it sitting there waiting for someone to contact them.

Guest pushbrk
Hi Guys,

?? ?? We have a little problem here. So Sophia went and passed her interview on Wednesday, the 24th, and was told to pick up the visa two days later, which is Friday, the 26th. But when she had gotten there, her package was not there and she was told to go back the next day. I've called DOS a couple of times, and they have confirmed that my fiancee passed the interview AND her visa was ISSUED on the 25th. So here are my questions:

?? ?? 1) Has anyone else experienced this before?

?? ?? 2) Assuming this is a mailing error, is there a way for me to contact the consulate and ask what's going on? (unfortunately, I wasn't able to be in China for the interview, so US citizen service at the consulate wouldn't be an option)

?? ?? 3) I checked online for the EMS tracking, and so far no information is available, does this mean the package still won't get there by the time Sophia goes back to the post office? That would be really bad, because the next time she can go back would be next Tuesday, and since she's not a local, it would be a hassle to stay an extra few days.

?? ?? This is really quite frustrating, I was planning let you guys know the details of her interview once she gets the visa...but now that has to wait :( Anyway, I hope you guys will be able to give me some advice as to what to do, or at least some encouraging words :unsure: I'll now go and worry my heart out :(

John and Sophia

218523[/snapback]

218527[/snapback]

Yea, I saw that post as well...I wonder what happened since then, Favor hasn't updated for quite a few days (hopefully they got the visa and are busy celebrating :)

218532[/snapback]

She could try to go to the consulate and ask, I know that some USC's have done this before when something has gone wrong. Sometimes the SO didn't complete the paperwork correctly or pay the fee or skipped the booth completely and the consulate had it sitting there waiting for someone to contact them.

218584[/snapback]

Well, since it's already Saturday, I doubt she can go to the Consulate. If she doesn't pick it up today, you'll want to double check to see if the Consulate plans to be open on the US Memorial Day holiday.

They sure didn't clear any DHL packages for delivery today, Friday for processing Saturday.

Closed on Monday so they say:

Holidays

2006 Holiday Schedule

The Consulate is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. We are CLOSED on the following American and Chinese holidays:

Date Weekday Holiday Nation

January 2 Monday New Year's Day US & China

January 16 Monday Martin Luther King, Jr's Birthday US

January 30, 31, February 1 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday Lunar New Year China

February 20 Monday Presidents' Day US

May 1, 2, 3 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday International Labor Day China

May 29 Monday Memorial Day US

July 4 Tuesday Independence Day US

September 4 Monday Labor Day US

October 2, 3, 4 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday Chinese National Day China

October 9 Monday Columbus Day US

November 10 Friday Veterans' Day US

November 23 Thursday Thanksgiving Day US

December 25 Monday Christmas Day US

Hi guys! Thanks for all the helpful comments! Here is the update: VISA IN HAND!!! :greenblob: :cheering: :clapping:

So Sophia went this morning (Sat. local time) and finally got her visa in hand! It turns out that GZ didn't print the visa until Friday the 26th (which was supposed to be the day she pick up the visa), so no wonder the delay.

That's all for now. I'm so happy! Now I can finally have a good night's sleep in a long time. I'll give you guys the specifics of the medical/interview/visa details when I wake up :greenblob: