Just spoke with someone at DOS. My case was sent back to GZ on 3/7/03. My fiancee should hear from them in one or two weeks! I don't even feel like eating lunch now! Too happy, no food is needed. Also got the cable number. Now, let see how long it'll take GZ to send out the EMS. :) :) :lol: :unsure: :lol: :)

Guest hopeful

Calvin, Congratulations!

Is the information from the info line or from CA? did you call them or did they call you to tell you the good news (seems that quite some people got their good news from a phone call from CA)?

Oh, and another question :) : when you talked with CA (A.S., I think?) last time, did they say it is already cleared and waiting to be sent to GZ or did they say it was still pending and they needed to look into it?

Thanks! and again, Congratulations!

Congrats Calvin! DOS called me back a week ago with the same info and told me that I should hear from GZ in a few days. Still nothing from GZ after a week though. I also was told, sent to GZ; your fiancee should hear from GZ "in 2 or 3 days", from CA a month ago. So be happy with cautious optimism, but go ahead and eat. :)

Hopeful,

I spoke with CA personnel. I called him three times last weeks and each time he requested someone to look into my file. He said my case was ok at that time but did not know if it was sent out yet, that's why he had someone checked on it for me each time. This morning I called again but this one lady didn't let me talk to him. So I called again later and got through him during my lunch time (that's why I didn't eat lunch. I teach and have only so much time each day to call). He remembered me right away, double checked my fiancee's name and birthday, then confirmed that my case was sent out last Friday along with the cable number. He said he requested someone at a higher level to do that for me because my case should have been claered a long time ago. I should use the cable number to check with GZ if we don't get the EMS in two weeks.

I really think that there are cases which are just laying around at DOS or GZ without anyone even taking a look at them until we bug them to do so. So don't wait. Keep calling and calling and ask to speak to someone other than the info people. The 1225 info line is useless, same with GZ info line. Use the CA number which can be found in the resource link on this website.

I am looking for better news in next coming weeks. But just like Azwolfman said, Until my fiancee has the EMS and visa in her hand, these people are still capalbe of making all kind of mistakes and delay. Hopefully the war (inevitable) won't cause anymore delay. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting for the clearance.

Yes, it seems good news Calvin but I am sure you will feel better when she has the visa in hand. I know that was the case with me. If it helps, our case was sent back to GZ on Feb. 24, EMS was mailed on Feb. 28 and we received it March 3. Hope yours and AZ's are speedy ones as well.

Just spoke with someone at DOS.  My case was sent back to GZ on 3/7/03.  My fiancee should hear from them in one or two weeks!  I don't even feel like eating lunch now!  Too happy, no food is needed.  Also got the cable number.  Now, let see how long it'll take GZ to send out the EMS. :P  :P  :P  :angry:  :P  ;)

calvin,

have you received the EMS yet?

my clearance has been received by GZ yesterday.

Thanks!!!

Vince,

Not yet.  I don't expect to hear from GZ for another week or two.  After that I will contact them if there's no EMS.  So for now, I am just waiting patiently and hoping that everyone else hear will get good news soon.

I checked some recent postings. It seems to me that GZ is pretty prompt in sending out EMS in March. Did you hear your clearance from DOS info line (read GZ actually entered the clearance in THEIR system)?