Green Card

Last September we had our interview, O you will have it in 6 weeks, according to them at I.N.S. that dead line came and went, waited 3 months, the working govt 3 months, still nothing, called, O we will give you a tracking number you should have it in 30 days, yea right, called again, has it been 6 months, no almost though. Sent copies of stuff to Texas Service Center, O you have to send it to this address, and they think they can handle all the new people. Has anyone had this problem or are you still in the waiting mode, kinda like a new Black Hole

Were still waiting for the replacement card. My wifes first card came april 18th and had two date errors on it.. It showed expiring NEXT year and her being a resident in april of 2005! Her interview was Jan 2006 for AOS... I called yesterday and the officer told me that they have been having ALOT of error cards coming back and it could take a YEAR to get another card. She informed me that the i-551 stamp from our local office is the same as having the card and can be renewed in one year should we still not have the new card. So we have the stamp and I guess that will do till the card comes in the mail..If its been over 30 days, you can call them again and ask to speak to an officer who can get you a reciept tracking number. So at least you can track their lack of progress. :blink:

Next Question, how many of us are K-3 as I thought the background check was done before the interview, now they do another one? and if they renew the stamp do you have to pay? love them not, why do I ive in the grand U.S.? as our own govt can't git there s--t together, guess they hang out at the coffie pot to much