The receipt date on the NOA is the day the service center physically received your petition which is the date-time stamp on the petition. The NOA Notice Date is the date it was entered into the system and a NOA generated. Anything to do with your process including guaging whether your case is overdue is taken from the receipt date (the date it was phsically received at the service center)..not the NOA notice date. The NOA2 has nothing to do with whether you will or may be affected by the IMBRA. Any petition received after March 6 (the date stamped on your petition which is the receipt date on your NOA1) are the ones affected by the IMBRA. As your receipt date is 3/1 then you filed before the Act came into effect and should not come under the IMBRA.

Guest ShaQuaNew
The receipt date on the NOA is the day the service center physically received your petition which is the date-time stamp on the petition. The NOA Notice Date is the date it was entered into the system and a NOA generated. Anything to do with your process including guaging whether your case is overdue is taken from the receipt date (the date it was phsically received at the service center)..not the NOA notice date. The NOA2 has nothing to do with whether you will or may be affected by the IMBRA. Any petition received after March 6 (the date stamped on your petition which is the receipt date on your NOA1) are the ones affected by the IMBRA. As your receipt date is 3/1 then you filed before the Act came into effect and should not come under the IMBRA.

218203[/snapback]

There's been a lot of discussion on this topic here the past several days...

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18125

IMBRA = International Marriage Brokers Regulation Act. http://usaimmigrationattorney.com/nucleus/index.php?itemid=2

Incidentally, one federal court has already issued a temporary restraining order against the government as it relates to a single international marriage broker. http://www.online-dating-rights.com/pdf/TRO.pdf

This is just the opening salvo, and it will likely take quite a while before the constitutionality of the Act gets settled. In the meantime, I suspect DHS and DOS will continue to implement/enforce the new law until it's told to stop.

Guest pushbrk

218203[/snapback]

The date that determines whether or not your petition will be delayed is clearly stated in the telegram as the "priority date", the date stamped on the actual petition, the day it was opened and stamped received. You will see a space on your NOA1 for the priority date but it will be left blank. This is because until the petition is "approved" the priority date cannot be "confirmed". Once approved, the priority date is confirmed but not shown on the NOA2. It is still left blank.

I know this to be true because the priority date is shown on my P3. It is NOT the same date as the "receipt date" shown on either NOA. It is the actual date the service center "received" the petition.

On the NOA1 or NOA2, "receipt date" appears to refer to the date they ISSUED a "receipt" for "payment" of the I-129F fee.

One can be sure that if their 129F NOA1 receipt date for a K1 is prior to March 6, they are in the clear. If they have a receipt date of March 6 or 7 but know their petition was "received" before the 6th, there is a possibility they are in the clear. To know for certain they would have to determine the date actually date stamped on their petition. The Catch 22 is that until their petition is approved and sent to NVC there does not seem to be a way to confirm that date.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew
IMBRA = International Marriage Brokers Regulation Act.  http://usaimmigrationattorney.com/nucleus/index.php?itemid=2

Incidentally, one federal court has already issued a temporary restraining order against the government as it relates to a single international marriage broker.  http://www.online-dating-rights.com/pdf/TRO.pdf

This is just the opening salvo, and it will likely take quite a while before the constitutionality of the Act gets settled.  In the meantime, I suspect DHS and DOS will continue to implement/enforce the new law until it's told to stop.

218212[/snapback]

Wow. Looks like the ACLU is on the move. This one will likely be hitting the evening news in the next several days.....

IMBRA = International Marriage Brokers Regulation Act.  http://usaimmigrationattorney.com/nucleus/index.php?itemid=2

Incidentally, one federal court has already issued a temporary restraining order against the government as it relates to a single international marriage broker.  http://www.online-dating-rights.com/pdf/TRO.pdf

This is just the opening salvo, and it will likely take quite a while before the constitutionality of the Act gets settled.  In the meantime, I suspect DHS and DOS will continue to implement/enforce the new law until it's told to stop.

218212[/snapback]

Wow. Looks like the ACLU is on the move. This one will likely be hitting the evening news in the next several days.....

218216[/snapback]

ok so I guess I totally missed on the band waggon on this.

Does that mean that since my application was made and received march 25th that my application is not complete?

Can I and should I start sending the stuff that is now needed in advance (the processing dates from USCIS are not on my process yet (they are processing mid february applications)) and if I need to send additional paperwork then what do I need to send?

what is a RFE? request for , .... ???

thanks

IMBRA = International Marriage Brokers Regulation Act.? http://usaimmigrationattorney.com/nucleus/index.php?itemid=2

Incidentally, one federal court has already issued a temporary restraining order against the government as it relates to a single international marriage broker.? http://www.online-dating-rights.com/pdf/TRO.pdf

This is just the opening salvo, and it will likely take quite a while before the constitutionality of the Act gets settled.? In the meantime, I suspect DHS and DOS will continue to implement/enforce the new law until it's told to stop.

218212[/snapback]

218216[/snapback]

Does that mean that since my application was made and received march 25th that my application is not complete?

Can I and should I start sending the stuff that is now needed in advance (the processing dates from USCIS are not on my process yet (they are processing mid february applications)) and if I need to send additional paperwork then what do I need to send?

thanks

218225[/snapback]

In this case you just have to wait for their RFE (Request for Evidence), it's not clear that they even know what they want from you at this time. :Dah:

The USCIS hasn't updated the forms yet either. :roller:

Guest pushbrk
IMBRA = International Marriage Brokers Regulation Act.? http://usaimmigrationattorney.com/nucleus/index.php?itemid=2

Incidentally, one federal court has already issued a temporary restraining order against the government as it relates to a single international marriage broker.? http://www.online-dating-rights.com/pdf/TRO.pdf

This is just the opening salvo, and it will likely take quite a while before the constitutionality of the Act gets settled.? In the meantime, I suspect DHS and DOS will continue to implement/enforce the new law until it's told to stop.

218212[/snapback]

218216[/snapback]

thanks

218225[/snapback]

In this case you just have to wait for their RFE (Request for Evidence), it's not clear that they even know what they want from you at this time. :Dah:

218231[/snapback]

USCIS has indicated they will send a questionaire but have given no indication of whether they have or when they will produce the document.

If you filed for K1 (only) and your priority date is after March 5, you wait for the questionaire. If you filed after March 5, you can be certain your priority date is after March 5.

Guest ShaQuaNew

thanks

218225[/snapback]

According to the legislation, because your petition was received at USCIS after March 5, 2006, it will be affected. You, and everyone else must simply wait to hear what, if anything is needed. This issue is only now surfacing and the house and senate is busy with scandles and other immigration legislation, so for now, it's flying under the radar.

The horse-hockey will likely hit the fan in the next several days as the entire IMBRA issue, while well-intentioned, is anti-consitutional.

So, bottom line, wait to hear something from the government. Never provide anything to them unless it's specifically requested.

218212[/snapback]

218216[/snapback]

thanks

218225[/snapback]

218231[/snapback]

USCIS has indicated they will send a questionaire but have given no indication of whether they have or when they will produce the document.

If you filed for K1 (only) and your priority date is after March 5, you wait for the questionaire. If you filed after March 5, you can be certain your priority date is after March 5.

218234[/snapback]

is it nt possible to get this questionaire before hand , file it and send it now to avoid delay ?

Guest pushbrk

218212[/snapback]

218216[/snapback]

thanks

218225[/snapback]

218231[/snapback]

218234[/snapback]

is it nt possible to get this questionaire before hand , file it and send it now to avoid delay ?

218237[/snapback]

Um, no.

Like I said...

"USCIS has indicated they will send a questionaire but have given no indication of whether they have or when they will produce the document."

Guest ShaQuaNew

218237[/snapback]

While you may find a copy of something somewhere, somehow, you should NEVER send anything to any immigration official or facility until specifically requested to do so. Also, do not send anything more than requested. Give them what they ask for, nothing more, and only do it when requested. There is no way that you, or anyone else can head them off at the pass to reduce your waiting time. This is the unfortunate truth.... :roller:

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

218237[/snapback]

I'm not sure USCIS has developed the questionnaire that will supplement the original I-129F. Despite a delay in processing, I think it's best to wait on getting the official inquiry from the agency.

218203[/snapback]

The date that determines whether or not your petition will be delayed is clearly stated in the telegram as the "priority date", the date stamped on the actual petition, the day it was opened and stamped received. You will see a space on your NOA1 for the priority date but it will be left blank. This is because until the petition is "approved" the priority date cannot be "confirmed". Once approved, the priority date is confirmed but not shown on the NOA2. It is still left blank.

I know this to be true because the priority date is shown on my P3. It is NOT the same date as the "receipt date" shown on either NOA. It is the actual date the service center "received" the petition.

On the NOA1 or NOA2, "receipt date" appears to refer to the date they ISSUED a "receipt" for "payment" of the I-129F fee.

One can be sure that if their 129F NOA1 receipt date for a K1 is prior to March 6, they are in the clear. If they have a receipt date of March 6 or 7 but know their petition was "received" before the 6th, there is a possibility they are in the clear. To know for certain they would have to determine the date actually date stamped on their petition. The Catch 22 is that until their petition is approved and sent to NVC there does not seem to be a way to confirm that date.

218214[/snapback]

I checked my receipt at the U.S. Postal Service site. It states: "Your item was delivered at 10:07 am on March 01, 2006 in Laguna Niguel, CA 92607"

Still waiting for something to happen.

Ron :wub:

Guest pushbrk

218203[/snapback]

218214[/snapback]

I checked my receipt at the U.S. Postal Service site. It states: "Your item was delivered at 10:07 am on March 01, 2006 in Laguna Niguel, CA 92607"

Still waiting for something to happen.

Ron :wub:

218288[/snapback]

I would have hope that your priority date is March 1,2 or 3. Unfortunately, only an NOA2 will tell you if you dodged the bullet. I can't imagine them approving your petition now unless you did.