I-864

Dear Guangzhou,

I followed the link on your web site page for affidavit of support for immigrate visas, which took me to The Department of State. DOS sites says "submit tax returns for the the three years immediately before the visa application"

At the bottom of this DOS page it refers you to a USCIS linked web page that states "You are required to provide proof of employment and a photocopy or an internal revenue service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax return for your most recent tax year. "

Question: Should one prepare the most recent year tax only or the past three years before filling for the visa for my I-864?

Thank You

Good question. When I filed my 864, I sent in 01', 02', 03' when my wife went to the interview she had copies of my 02', 03', 04' taxes. Don't over think the 864, Get it done and mail it in. The way the 864 is written it is technically impossible to fill it out correctly. They just want to see you have a steady job and you pay your taxes. I haven't heard of any CR1 getting turned down because of issues with the 864.

Good Luck,

since the OP is a DCFer.. they will bring the I-864 to the interview...

---

We we have not gotten a clear answer yet on whether they want one year or three... (one year is based on the new requirements for adjustment of status, but it's not clear if the consulates follow suit with this).