Some things seem like the 50's, some like the 70s. I think censorship and american marketing have a lot to do with that (from a people perspective). From a economic perspective I have never seen anything like it and all over the place. Maybe like the industrial revolution, I guess. I've counted hundreds of skyscrapers, hotels, and apartment complexes going up in a city all at once. I go to another city and it is not quite as robust but similar.

I have seen no signs of slowing, everytime I go back it looks like things are moving along even faster. They are knocking down mountains to put more roads and buildings in. The construction guys are working on these things in typhoons! Walking out on beams way the heck up, I'm talking a little beam that sticks out from the building with no safety gear, except for maybe a hard hat. And they get paid 200rmb a week. If there manager doesn't skip town with all their wages.

How much would the new HK airport with all the bridges, tunnels, a town cost in the US?

The Airport Core Program projects have been estimated to cost $158.2 billion (U.S. $20 billion) in money of the day according to the Government of Hong Kong. The Airport Core Program projects include the new airport, the airport railway, five road projects, two major land reclaimations, and a new town. The Airport Core Program is being overseen by the New Airport Projects Co ordination Office (NAPCO). NAPCO has been a liaison between Government works departments and non-Government agencies to ensure that potential problems, such as logistics and budgeting, can be remedied in a efficient manner.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Some things seem like the 50's, some like the 70s.  I think censorship and american marketing have a lot to do with that (from a people perspective).  From a economic perspective I have never seen anything like it and all over the place.  Maybe like the industrial revolution, I guess.  I've counted hundreds of skyscrapers, hotels, and apartment complexes going up in a city all at once.  I go to another city and it is not quite as robust but similar. 

I have seen no signs of slowing, everytime I go back it looks like things are moving along even faster.  They are knocking down mountains to put more roads and buildings in.  The construction guys are working on these things in typhoons!  Walking out on beams way the heck up, I'm talking a little beam that sticks out from the building with no safety gear, except for maybe a hard hat.  And they get paid 200rmb a week.  If there manager doesn't skip town with all their wages.

How much would the new HK airport with all the bridges, tunnels, a town cost in the US

The Airport Core Program projects have been estimated to cost $158.2 billion (U.S. $20 billion) in money of the day according to the Government of Hong Kong.  The Airport Core Program projects include the new airport, the airport railway, five road projects, two major land reclaimations, and a new town.  The Airport Core Program is being overseen by the New Airport Projects Co ordination Office (NAPCO).  NAPCO has been a liaison between Government works departments and non-Government agencies to ensure that potential problems, such as logistics and budgeting, can be remedied in a efficient manner.

219322[/snapback]

It's a dichotomy. While the change is thrilling, and wonderful for many, it's sad to think that much of the culture is changing too