P3 What does it look like

Guest pushbrk

Guest pushbrk
Congratulations Mike & Sherry!!!!  Three down and one to go!!  Mike, maybe we will be in GZ together.

217176[/snapback]

Thanks. Perhaps we will be there together. I'm sure there are kitchens in the Yang or Xie apartments. I'll be expecting you to prove your cheffie dude talents.

Actually, if we are looking at a late July interview, the odds of me making the trip are pretty slim. :lol:

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pushbrk
Sounds like Sherry will get to see what a K-3 visa looks like. :lol:

Good luck.

217185[/snapback]

Yeah, this pretty much shoots down the CR1 catching up. Kind of wish I hadn't paid that $140 in AOS on the CR1 fees last week.

Guest pushbrk
They may of released the P3 based on the electronic file (?)...  I recall you saying that NVC held it till the namecheck was complete.. and I sliped GUZSpeak a question about this...

If you get updated dates on when GUZ entered in the computer, that will be helpful for data reasons.

Congratulations !

217171[/snapback]

I was able to confirm the sent date of 5/17 and that there is no additional name/security check contemplated at this time. BJ at DOS indicated she doesn't see additional checks requested between P3 and the interview but sometimes they are initiated by issues that come up at interview.

She also indicates she cannot verify that the physical file is in the hands of the consulate. I'm baffled that at P3 would be sent before the physical file arrives but, of course, overjoyed if that's the case. BJ took my phone number and said she would try to compare what she sees in my case to another K3 if she gets a call on one later today. If she has anymore information, she will call me.

Curiouser and curiouser.

They may of released the P3 based on the electronic file (?)...  I recall you saying that NVC held it till the namecheck was complete.. and I sliped GUZSpeak a question about this...

If you get updated dates on when GUZ entered in the computer, that will be helpful for data reasons.

Congratulations !

217171[/snapback]

I was able to confirm the sent date of 5/17 and that there is no additional name/security check contemplated at this time. BJ at DOS indicated she doesn't see additional checks requested between P3 and the interview but sometimes they are initiated by issues that come up at interview.

She also indicates she cannot verify that the physical file is in the hands of the consulate. I'm baffled that at P3 would be sent before the physical file arrives but, of course, overjoyed if that's the case. BJ took my phone number and said she would try to compare what she sees in my case to another K3 if she gets a call on one later today. If she has anymore information, she will call me.

Curiouser and curiouser.

217326[/snapback]

WHAT did you promise to get call-back customer service????

-James

Guest pushbrk
Congratulations, Mike

Manyun and I seemed to have fallen into a hole for a while, but now we are back on track. Several couples passed us by. I was getting quite concerned, but all seems to all right now.

Again, Congratulations.

Mike

218363[/snapback]

I'm under the impression they recently sent out a spurt of P3's. However, they've only opened four DHL packages in the Month of May and they don't seem to be planning to work this Saturday, since they haven't released anymore packages from DHL yet.

Guest pushbrk
Congratulations Mike!  I'm sure Sherry will do just great.

218393[/snapback]

Thanks, we'll do all we can to be prepared.

Today's update from DOS indicates the P3 is not logged as received yet.

However, Sue says the case shows as "open" which is supposed to mean the physical file is at post. Jesse, is this your understanding of the meaning of "open"? It appears correct because she said it changed from loaded to open.

LOADED = NVC has sent an electronic copy of the petition to GUZ, but hardcopy petition information has NOT been entered by GUZ.

OPEN = This does not occur until AFTER GUZ signs by STAMP for the DHL package sent by the NVC. Within days to a few weeks after that, GUZ will enter information into the computer and the case is then considered to be "Open." The P3 is then mailed.

IN QUE = Namecheck, if any, and other paperwork is clear. Indicates that an interview date has been set. This is the final stage at GUZ before the interview.

Edited by MikeandRong (see edit history)