Thank you for your attention. :P

I live in Dalian, last week my BF and I wento shenyang and got his marriageability statement from the consulate,and in June we are about to register in Dalian, and we don't have any plan moving to States.

First I wanna know in our case,which visa should I apply?

DCF? CR1? or they are the same thing.

I wish someone can give me a few valuable advices before my BF&I start to apply the visa to U.S.

xie xie!

I live in Dalian, last week my BF and I wento shenyang and got his  marriageability statement from  the consulate,and in June we are about to register in Dalian, and we don't have any plan moving to States.

I wish someone can give me a few valuable advices before my BF&I start to apply the visa to U.S.

xie xie!

217044[/snapback]

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16566

Guest pushbrk

I live in Dalian, last week my BF and I wento shenyang and got his  marriageability statement from  the consulate,and in June we are about to register in Dalian, and we don't have any plan moving to States.

xie xie!

217044[/snapback]

DCF is one way to apply for a CR1 visa. If you are both living in China, this is the fastest way to get a visa for you to come to the USA.

However, you indicate you have no plans to come to the USA. If that is the case, ince it is intended for those who will become permanent residents, you probably don't want to file any petitions until about a year before you DO plan to move to USA because once you get the visa there is a 6 month time limit to use it or lose it. If you've been married for two years by that time, you'll apply for an IR1 instead of a CR1.

Thank you for your attention. :greenblob:

xie xie!

217044[/snapback]

DCF is one way to apply for a CR1 visa. If you are both living in China, this is the fastest way to get a visa for you to come to the USA.

However, you indicate you have no plans to come to the USA. If that is the case, ince it is intended for those who will become permanent residents, you probably don't want to file any petitions until about a year before you DO plan to move to USA because once you get the visa there is a 6 month time limit to use it or lose it. If you've been married for two years by that time, you'll apply for an IR1 instead of a CR1.

217050[/snapback]

Hey, i live in dalian too :greenblob: . i am not really familiar with the visa application though, it seems K1 for finanee visa will be ok for you. If you can understand chinese the link will be helpful too .http://001family.001.bank.cn/timeline/view_interviews.asp

march

Guest pushbrk

xie xie!

217044[/snapback]

217050[/snapback]

Hey, i live in dalian too :greenblob: . i am not really familiar with the visa application though, it seems K1 for finanee visa will be ok for you. If you can understand chinese the link will be helpful too .http://001family.001.bank.cn/timeline/view_interviews.asp

march

217069[/snapback]

K1 fiance is not for people who marry in China. They are getting married in China. Married people, by definition, do not have fiance.

march

217069[/snapback]

Cool! same city! How r u goin' here?

Thank you for your friend link, I am checking now.....:greenblob:

xie xie!

217044[/snapback]

217050[/snapback]

march

217069[/snapback]

K1 fiance is not for people who marry in China. They are getting married in China. Married people, by definition, do not have fiance.

217072[/snapback]

Thank you for your correction. so cr1 is available for married people. but it takes a while to get it. :greenblob:

Guest pushbrk

xie xie!

217044[/snapback]

217050[/snapback]

march

217069[/snapback]

217072[/snapback]

Thank you for your correction. so cr1 is available for married people. but it takes a while to get it. :greenblob:

217074[/snapback]

It is very fast via DCF. Faster than a K1. Anyway they have no plans to immigrate soon, so there is no hurry.

Pushbrk, because my BF has been living in China for 2 years, how can he provide some tax dox? I heard tax dox must be handed over with other application forms, is right? in DCF case.

His present Chinese employer (a university in dalian) told me that the university can provide us a statement for his tax in China for last 2 years, does it work?

Guest pushbrk
Pushbrk, because my BF has been living in China for 2 years, how can he provide some tax dox? I heard tax dox must be handed over with other application forms, is right? in DCF case.

His present Chinese employer (a university in dalian) told me that the university can provide us a statement for his tax in China for last 2 years, does it work?

217077[/snapback]

I'm not an expert on the tax situation but depending on his current income, he may need a co-sponsor. We have several who are more familiar with these details. I'm sure they'll give you more complete answers.

Also, if you'll use the "ADV SEARCH" at the bottom right of the page and search for DCF FAQ you'll find lots of information to peruse.

Concerning his financial documents he will need to show an income level of about $16,000 a year to meet the requirements. Many who are working in China do not have that level of income and will usually ask a family member in the US to be a joint sponsor.

As I understand your visa situation you are not planning to move to the US for a couple of years, but it sounded like you would like to visit before that time and you intend to marry soon.

If I'm wrong in my assumption then just ignore what I about to say. :)

Once you are married to a US citizen or have a BF from the US it can be extremely difficult to get a visa to visit, the US is very suspicious that you might not return to China. :D

Now what you can do is file the DCF in Shenyang and get the visa, this should take about 6 months and then you have 6 months to come to the US. Then when you come to the US you need to plan on needing to stay for one or two months, this amount of time is probably not needed, but you want to be flexible on your return date.

When you enter the US they should stamp your passport to show you are a LPR (Legal Permanent Resident) and the green card normally arrives at your home of record in the US in a few weeks.

Once you have the green card you can get your Social Security card issued, this is mainly for tax purposes when you and your husband file taxes.

At this time you can return to China without any problem, but it is important to remember that without filing additional paperwork you must not be out of the US for more than 12 months. With vacations to visit family this should work out well for you.

One year and nine months after the issue date on the green card you and your husband will need to have plans to be in the US for a while, because you will need to file to remove the conditional status on the green card. This can take a few months at best.

Now if you are not in a hurry to come to the US you could plan on getting the visa after your 2nd anniversary, then when you entered the US you would not receive a conditional green card, but the 10 year card.

Hopefully this gives you some ideas on how best to plan the visa process to work best for your lives.

Another suggestion is to have your BF file taxes for the past couple of years, I doubt he owes anything, but it will give him the ability to show tax records with his copy of the Affidavit of support.

Lots of options and choices to make, but I think you have a wedding to plan. :D

Good Luck.

Hi there,

We are DCFer and herewith our timeline bellow. I hope I can give you help about visa too in the future. All the best to you!

Lin

Thank you all:)! Last night my BF and I read all your advices and now we have some idea what is DCF and how to apply a visa for me.

I have another question, if I get the visa CR1 through the way of DCF, do I have to stay in US for several months until I get my permanent residence ID(not conditional green card)? Because my company in China only can give me 30days vacatian for marrage + annual, I cann't stay in US over one month then, and I don't want to quit my job in 2~3 years.